Recommendations for Midlands course 30/09/18

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking for some recommendations please, its my fathers birthday on Sunday and we would like to book a four ball at a nice course somewhere for the morning around 10-11am if possible. We are based in the west midlands and have played the usual Belfry, Forest of Arden etc.

Looking for a hidden gem somewhere that would have availability if anybody has any ideas..

Thanks

Chris

D

Deleted member 21258

Probably going to be a bit tricky on a Sunday morning, as tends to be peak time for members/comps, so probably looking at hotel or pay/play course rather than a members based course.

Another option would be to see if there are any opens being held on that day and enter one of those, if that kind of time is available(as the kind of tee time you are looking at is around the more popular timings tbh). Have a look in the relevant counties on the link below, very quick and easy to scan(y):-

https://www.golfempire.co.uk/county/county.htm

D

Deleted member 1147

Whittington Heath isn't far from the Belfry (just off A38 near Lichfield) - I've heard good reports

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure how easy any of these are to get on for a Sunday but Blackwell, Beau Desert and Coventry all get very good reviews. Robin Hood likewise for the high priced green fees.

Edgbaston in the centre of Birmingham and then you could go somewhere for the Ryder Cup, Olton or Maxwell could be options.

Warwickshire or The Welcombe are normally a bit easier than the others to get on a Sunday as well.

Appreciate that's a full list but you may need to check if they've got a Ryder Cup event or allow weekend play.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Aston Wood's nice. Whittington's decent. Welcombe is OK. Beau Desert's easily the best in the area but would be very busy with members on a Sun morning but would I believe allow guests from around 1pm

Neeko1988

Visit site
Thanks again, i have booked a tee time at Aston Wood, only £25 so very reasonable. thanks all, ill try and get round the others over the next few weeks.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've played Aston Wood and for the money I thought it was a pretty decent course, good variety of holes, nice driving range and decent bar area.

Most of the others mentioned will be better but they also cost more, and might not be easy to get on on a Sunday morning.