Really proud of my daughter Lydia....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My 19 year old Daughter Lydia left college half way through her course last year, she was getting really fed up with it and her mates were all out earning money.
I tried to "advise" her to stay and see her course through, but she wouldn't listen.
Anyway, she hunted around for work locally, couldn't find any and ended up working at the local McDonalds for a pittance. She enjoyed it and knuckled down, has made some very good friends with her workmates. A couple of months ago she was called into the managers office, she thought she was going to get a telling off for something.
Turns out that she is very well liked by all of the other staff members there, and is very good at her job. She was offered the chance to go on a managers course!
Well, end result is she has just returned from sitting a 3 day exam in London earlier this week and out of 48 entrants she finished in the top 4 and passed her course with distinction!!
Well done Liddy. Dad loves ya xxxxx
[image]
35646_1505979211695_1300726270_31398345_4353176_n.jpg
[/image]

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good looking girl Smiffy. Must take after her mother.

Nope. Deffo a "Smith". Looks nothing like her Mum.
And I've had the blood tests before anyone asks. Definitely mine... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the kind wishes. I've just bought her a lovely piece of jewellery to say well done
;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congratulations.

I am not a big fan of this pressure that everyone has to go to college or university. People will find their own way in the world and find a path that suits them so even bigger congratulations for her having the courage of her convictions.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Good for her for sticking the initial "do you want fries with that?" section of the employment!

Great work on her part for finishing top 4 too! Wish her all the best in her management career

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
well done smiffys daughter, she is well liked by her workmates. her dad could learn a few things. did think you were that way inclined smiffy. come on a 6 iron ya big woofter. :D

znuffzz

Head Pro
Visit site
frankly sod uni these days, glad it worked out for her. it worked out for me as well.

really really really enjoyed my twenties not having 20 grand debt hanging over me like my colleagues of similiar age/level, the majority of which was pissed up against the wall. soemthing wrong when mans paying for a round of drinks on a credit card.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Too many people go to Uni / College doing trumped up no bloody use courses then expecting to walk into a well paid job, instead of getting out into the real world, starting at the bottom and working their way up. Good for her Smiffy, no wonder you're proud of her.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
She's a good 'un alright. Always phoning her old man up to find out how he is. Brightens up a dull day she does.
My Son on the other hand....what a knob he is.
Takes just after his Mother
:D :D :D :D :D ;)