Re-Gripping prices

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking at getting my irons 5i-PW re-gripped as haven't done so since I purchased them 3 and a half years ago.

A few of the shorter irons which get used more frequently are feeling a little slippy.

I am looking at fitting some Golf Pride Multi Compound's to my irons.

Just looking into a few prices and if anybody has any suggestions as to where to go....

I popped into DG and they wanted £11.99 for each grip then a further £1 for fitting which took it up to almost £13 a club.
I noticed AG are selling the grips online for £9.99 but does anybody know what their fitting cost is?
Also found a smaller independent club fitter who sells the grips for £8/£9 and then fitting on top is about £3/£4 so about the same price as DG.

Thanks guys!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Speak to the independent and get a full quote for all you are getting rather than a single unit price. If he still tries to charge you £3-4 fitting per grip then he's ripping you off.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Speak to the independent and get a full quote for all you are getting rather than a single unit price. If he still tries to charge you £3-4 fitting per grip then he's ripping you off.

Well, I have been having a look around after Berger suggested looking online. There are some much cheaper alternatives out there for sure, it's just the getting them to a club fitter after work etc. It also looks like DG no longer offer a price match facility!

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If your new to it and worried about wasting money on buy a load of grips. Go with something like a tour velvet 360. As you can't put them on incorrectly as its the same the whole way around

D

Deleted member 1740

Our pro charged me £100 for 10 MC plus 4 grips.

I could've done it my self but by the time i bought the gear I'd have only saved £5.

It's usually the cost of the grip plus £2 per club.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I regrip all of mine, its is genuinely a piece of cake. Lots of you tube videos to help out!

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Super easy DIY job, some double sided tape,pen/Stanley knife and a bottle of white spirit. With most normal round grips it doesn't even matter if you put them on straight or not. Just install them with the logo the other side from normal. Might not be the greatest idea with the multicompounds because the pattern is not uniform but you could always try it out before putting them onJust be careful if you are getting multicompounds from ebay or somewhere as a lot of them are fake

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As others have said its a very easy diy job, the only thing I would add is to make sure you put plenty of white spirit in the grips, the first time I tried to regrip I never put enough in and only got the grip halfway down. But once you've done one successfully its easy then .

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd advise not using white spirit. It's bloody horrible stuff that makes everything stink. Buy some HF-100 activator. It has nearly zero smell and wipes off very easy and doesn't destroy shaft labels either.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I bought a set of 13 Golf Pride multi-compound grips on ebay for £29 with teh aim of fitting them myself. I started but after doing 3 or 4 clubs, putting the new grip on was not too difficult but got fed up with the prep work - taking the old grip off and cleaning off the old tape. Took them to my pro who fitted them for £3 each. Total price £60 for a complete set of fitted grips.