New grip recommendations

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking for some advice on re-gripping my irons. Have standard ping grips that could do with being replaced.

Have done it myself in the past but having looked at Adore there are some good deals on Champ C8 and G-Rip grips. Am looking for a tacky type grip, not a hybrid type at a reasonable price.

Anyone seen these in the flesh or have any other recommendations? Such a range of prices out there, from a few pounds to well over £10 a grip, so wondering if the cheaper ones are worth risking it.

Cheers.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Replaced my ping originals with golf pride tour velvet and very happy with them. Did it myself no problem.

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk

lgran1sc

Visit site
recently got the GP tour velvet from gamola, good grip and a decent price so no complains from me - easy enough to fit also

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Be careful on eBay though, lots of fakes out there!

I bought the Lamkin Crossline Cord grips from Gamola Golf and been very happy with them.

Lots of pros use eBay to stock their shops now As it’s cheaper than their contacts

The tour velvets are so cheap would be no money in fakes .. cost almost the same to make

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Lots of pros use eBay to stock their shops now As it’s cheaper than their contacts

The tour velvets are so cheap would be no money in fakes .. cost almost the same to make

Perhaps things have changed a bit on eBay but I still hear stories of fakes on there, and I bought some fake Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 a year or so ago, although I did more recently buy my Lamkin Crossline Cord from the Gamola Golf eBay store.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tacki-Mac grips are similar to GP Tour velvet but slightly thicker. I've had a few players that have come to me and have been satisfied with them.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps things have changed a bit on eBay but I still hear stories of fakes on there, and I bought some fake Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 a year or so ago, although I did more recently buy my Lamkin Crossline Cord from the Gamola Golf eBay store.
Totally different ball game with MMC grips.. high cost grip..

Golf pride tour velvet are £6 a pop most places there is no room for them to actually make money with eBay fees.. making costs etc with fakes at that price

The MMC grips on other hand

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lamkin Crossline are my choice of grip.

As for eBay fakes, anything can and is copied. Just because something is “too cheap” to fake to us, it’s still worth it for the copiers.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys, yes, aware of the risks on E bay as I have bought there in the past only to be advised by another buyer that they were fakes (Golf Prides). Managed to get my money back as the seller was unaware they were fakes, but agree that the cost alone is not an indicator of whether it could be a fake.

Think I might go for the Champs having read the comments.

DCB

Visit site
Just changed grips on a set of irons, got them from Adore Golf Grips, they were slightly cheaper than Gamola and delivered a bit quicker.