Range prices

Guns

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi I have just done my usual Thursday night trip to the range. I have paid £4 for approx 50 balls..... Now this range is top quality with very good range balls.... But I just wondered what prices where around elsewhere.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went to Blue Mountain in Bracknell yesterday. Realised why I haven't been regularly for years. Basically a poorly lit open field. £4.50 for 80 range balls. They have some Nike ones in there which are obviously new. Bit like rockes bit round and with defined dimples. The old stock were either cracked worn or had bits missing so it was a lottery how many of the good balls you got and how many duff ones.

I usually go to Maidenhead Golf Centre. I've a range card and although its £4.50 for 85 balls, if I top up with £40 a time they give me an extra £10 worth of credit on top. Srixon range balls there and muc better quality

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
free as you have to be a member to use it. its a full length range also a pitching area and also a bunker area. Only problem is you have to take then get your own balls.

If i go of a night time and need flood lights its £1 for 20-30 balls at another clubs range

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£195 a year for me with unlimited balls. Its £5.75 for 100 balls and £3.50 for 50. The balls are generally good but you do get one or two cracked ones per 100. 290 yard range and floodlit.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
50p at my club for 25 balls, good condition nike range balls and you play off the grass

£3 for 50 balls and £4.50 for 80 at the another local range, decents balls about 250 yards long and plenty of targets

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Myself and Oddsocks use the same range:
£3.50 for 50 balls
£6.00 for 100

Nike balls are OK (bit hard) but they have some Spaldings in there which are so worn they dont have dimples and wont fly. Plus its like hitting up the north face of the Eiger!

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My home club is £1 for 30, poor rubbery balls - only use this before a round
Driving range at my Gym is £2 for 40, new wilson balls, nice to hit but poorly lit (can only see 60-70 yards before you lose your ball and poor mats)
Direct Golf Cambridge is £5 for a large bucket 80, but the range is fantastic especially the short game area. well worth the money

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The range I use at my old club is £2 for 40, £3 for 80.
In that you'll get mostly okish range balls, some will be completely useless - cut, chipped, smooth - and you'll alson get the odd "real" ball in there.
Floodlit range, a few targets and distance markers - which are wrong......

Sultana

Club Champion
Visit site
The range I use charge £3 for 50 balls, or £5 for 100, but a vend card gives you 250 balls for £11. The balls aren't that good, the lighting is inadequate beyond 100 yards or so and the stalls have seen better days.

johnboywalton

Head Pro
Visit site
One place near work which is a little rough and ready is 100 for $3.50, my regular place is $6.00 for 100 much better balls, and it has an automatic tee-up that gives you 4 different height settings.

and yes.....................my pound sign is not working on my laptop:eek:

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
One place near work which is a little rough and ready is 100 for $3.50, my regular place is $6.00 for 100 much better balls, and it has an automatic tee-up that gives you 4 different height settings.

and yes.....................my pound sign is not working on my laptop:eek:

Change your keyboard layout to UK

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use World of Golf at Clydebank, not cheap at £7.40 for a 100 but not bad balls (for a range), floodlit/ heated bays, decent coffee shop etc

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
£6.50 for a 100 at St Andrews Links Practise Center,top notch Callaway balls,and well enough lit for night time practise

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Better off at Bearsden Stevie only £5 per 100

Funnily enough Andy I just googled for alternatives and that popped up - I think I'll give it a go. Just moved (few months) from Houston where we had a pretty gash range in Johnstone or World of Golf so had pretty much stuck with that - TBH I'm not on the range as much as I should be.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funnily enough Andy I just googled for alternatives and that popped up - I think I'll give it a go. Just moved (few months) from Houston where we had a pretty gash range in Johnstone or World of Golf so had pretty much stuck with that - TBH I'm not on the range as much as I should be.

Its good Stevie. Good size, floodlit and good stocked shop. Guys are gr8 and Bob the Pro is good for the odd free tip.

Nice brew of coffee compared to WOG