Average cost of Spain/Portugal golf trip?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at arranging a trip for a 50th either late next year or April 2024. Last time I went in 2017 I think we paid around £450 for the flights, hotel and 3 rounds inc buggies and took our own clubs. This was Marbella.

I know the cost of standard 3/4 night trips has increased but wondered what people have been paying for 3/4 night golf trip inc 3 rounds. Trying to get a guide together before going to various places to see what's available.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Impossible to answer. Flights could be anywhere from 20-200 quid depending on dates, then what sort of courses do you want to play? They range from about 50 euros to 300+

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Impossible to answer. Flights could be anywhere from 20-200 quid depending on dates, then what sort of courses do you want to play? They range from about 50 euros to 300+

Yes, should have added 'obviously depending on flight prices'.

Take flights out.

No more than £300 on 3 rounds.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Yes, should have added 'obviously depending on flight prices'.

Take flights out.

No more than £300 on 3 rounds.
April is high season, think to stay in Marbella and play at nice courses you would be looking at more like 450 for 3 nights 3 rounds.
Also depends how many are going, the more the cheaper usually.
Speak to someone like sunshine golf and see if they have any deals on.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
£300 would easily get you 3 rounds on good courses on the Costa Blanca. Not necessarily top ones, but you’d get one premium course in there with that budget.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think he wanted 3 rounds and hotel for £300

I think I could do that, but the courses would have to be off the beaten track a little. Estepona is a hike from Marbella, but it's always great value - I actually quite like the course there myself.

Font Del Llop, Alenda, Las Ramblas, Roda, Alicante and El Plantio always had reasonable green fees when we lived on the Costa Blanca.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Btw ball park figures such as 'we just paid £xxx for 4 nights hotel and golf' etc or similar is great. Just trying to get an idea.

We’ve paid around £900 for 4 nights 3 round in Portugal next April. I thought it was expensive but we’re playing 3 of the better courses.

Visit site
Returned home from Vilamoura yesterday.
Flights from Glasgow with clubs, 5 nights accommodation, 3 rounds at Dom Pedro Victoria and Vale Do Lobo Royal/Ocean with buggies and transfers came in around £900.

Neeko1988

Visit site
We went in September this year.
Dom Pedro Vilamoura Marina 4 Nights
DP Pinhal
DP Millenium
DP Old course
£655 + £200 flights

Just booked a similar for next September
4 nights in hotel (can’t remember name)
Vale da Lobo Royal
Vale da Lobo Ocean
DP Victoria
£699 not booked flights yet

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We went to Marbella in May, 3 nights 3 rounds, b&b, nice hotel, buggies, transfers, transfers to the courses, flights with clubs in the hold, it was around £550-£600. Can’t remember the exact cost because it was delayed from 2021 and so we had to pay little bits of extras here and there.