Range Prices!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd pay £11 to hit off of grass to be honest.

Yeah in all the time I used to hit off mat I never really appreciated the difference
The grass is as well cared for as any fairway on the course, maybe a bit more sand in the soil
My only gripe is that early morning you're hitting into the sun at this time of year

Chrisb83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£10 for 75 balls and use of Toptracer in Hull.

Without Toptracer it’s about £6 for 75 balls.

Driving range at nearest course do a card where you get 5 baskets of 80 balls for £10 but balls are of mixed quality mats are too bad tho

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest I only use the range in the winter and it becomes a necessary evil to keep the swing ticking over. I'm happy to go to my club after work and use their range balls (£3 for 60) and hit off grass. Far greater feedback and although we have to use reduced distance balls as we have a road and a house in close proximity and so you don't get the real distance they are good quality. Thanks to good old H&S we can no longer use our balls

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£1.50 for 30 balls at the new range at Glenbervie. Added benefit during season we can hit off designated turf teeing areas or mats.

If we added some bays I wouldnt go anywhere else even in winter. For those in the Falkirk / Stirling area, Brucefields is apparently shutting so our range choices will be limited in not to distant future.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be honest I only use the range in the winter and it becomes a necessary evil to keep the swing ticking over. I'm happy to go to my club after work and use their range balls (£3 for 60) and hit off grass. Far greater feedback and although we have to use reduced distance balls as we have a road and a house in close proximity and so you don't get the real distance they are good quality. Thanks to good old H&S we can no longer use our balls

Good old health and safety! If there is a house close by, how could it be any other way ???

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good old health and safety! If there is a house close by, how could it be any other way ???
When I say close by, it's about 400 yards away and protected by high trees. It's their huge garden that was the issue which backs onto the practice ground and they got fed up of balls going in there. We started off by banning drivers but now they have deemed it unsafe to go collect your own balls, even if the range was dead apart from you. Even if its busy, there was always an unwritten rule that everyone adhered to and they would stop. It worked perfectly for years and they had to meddle

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
When I say close by, it's about 400 yards away and protected by high trees. It's their huge garden that was the issue which backs onto the practice ground and they got fed up of balls going in there. We started off by banning drivers but now they have deemed it unsafe to go collect your own balls, even if the range was dead apart from you. Even if its busy, there was always an unwritten rule that everyone adhered to and they would stop. It worked perfectly for years and they had to meddle

In sure it's not how I'm picturing it but that seems like I'd be obliged to stop hitting balls every time someone went forward 250yrds to go find and collect their 30 balls among dozens of others
Sounds like at least a 10 minute job per person

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In sure it's not how I'm picturing it but that seems like I'd be obliged to stop hitting balls every time someone went forward 250yrds to go find and collect their 30 balls among dozens of others
Sounds like at least a 10 minute job per person
To be fair, a lot of the time the range was always relatively quiet and so maybe just one or two other golfers having to stop and in practice when one went to pick balls up so would the others. If not they'd got to the bunker or hit a few short pitch shots. It probably use to work better than it writes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I rarely ever go, but if I do, the one I go to is £5 for 50 or £8 for 100. I never hit 100 balls as I get bored/tired of it, but if I go with a mate we'll split 100 to save a couple of quid.

There used to be a driving range (and 9 hole course) 15 minutes walk from where I live, and they charged £3 for 60 balls. Not only decent value, but I found 60 a more ideal number to hit than 50 for some reason. But it shut down 2 years ago and no one has taken it over, sadly. Still a bit gutted about that, I'd go more often if that one was still open.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I pay 8.20ish for 60 balls peak time, or 72 balls off peak time. But preloading a range card I get up to 40% discount, load £100, get £140.

It’s expensive, but I get Toptracer as well.

No idea about 100 balls, 72 is plenty for me.
Last week there was some traffic accident on the way to the range so on the way back I went to a more local one.

I paid £5 for 50 balls but disliked most of them. The range was uneven and I couldn’t find a proper stand on a mat, and swinging the driver I was afraid of hitting either the light above or the column behind me as the boxes were small. There were only 2 or 3 targets on the range.

Today I went to my normal range. The extra £3 are definitely worth it!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got 2 near me

Trafford golf centre

They do 40/80/120 and I think it's £5/£8/£10
Have toptracer but charge about £6 an hour to use it.
Auto loading bays
Have a loyalty card thing but the amounts you have to put on don't divide equally by the cost of the balls so you end up having to top it up 3/4 times

Bowlee park golf range

50/100 options £4 and £7 I think
No auto loader
They do a top up card where I think it's £32 for 10x50

If you're in Middleton theres one @ Manchester GC that's open to the public.

Only 4 covered bays but about 10 = 14 uncovered too. In summer the uncovered are moved onto the grass.

£5.00 for the equivalent of the TC buckets full th the top. Never counted but will be north of 150.

Last hit is usually about 6pm.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Only 4 covered bays but about 10 = 14 uncovered too. In summer the uncovered are moved onto the grass.

£5.00 for the equivalent of the TC buckets full th the top. Never counted but will be north of 150.

has this recently been opened to the public? I used to have one of the academy memberships so I could use the practise facilities

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site

I'm a member at North Manchester so tend to use the short game area there a bit and then driving range for the mid-long irons and woods.

Worth remembering though 👍

Siolag

Visit site
£1.50 for 30 balls at the new range at Glenbervie. Added benefit during season we can hit off designated turf teeing areas or mats.

If we added some bays I wouldnt go anywhere else even in winter. For those in the Falkirk / Stirling area, Brucefields is apparently shutting so our range choices will be limited in not to distant future.

I know this is a bumped thread, but the little range down at Airth is pretty decent, they have top tracer now too.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know this is a bumped thread, but the little range down at Airth is pretty decent, they have top tracer now too.

Airth range has really improved the last year or so. They refurbed it, new balls and then added Top Tracer.

Only issue is the cost is now £9.50 for 100 balls. Appreciate they need to recoup investment but I do worry the cost will actually reduce footfall in time. Hopefully I am wrong though.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a range membership which cost £250 for 10,000 balls to be used over as longer period that I want. Plus I can hit off a grass area as a member, practice bunkers and a smaller separate bay too