Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still waiting for a scan on that knee? Have to admit when I thought I'd done my ACL again I went private think it was £300 but they gave a report with what the issue was for the MRI

Given up waiting so have booked myself in privately for tomorrow morning.
All those years paying in to a system that'll have me waiting for several weeks more whilst they waste NHS time and money on unnecessary things.
But hey, I need it sorted, I have bills to pay!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given up waiting so have booked myself in privately for tomorrow morning.
All those years paying in to a system that'll have me waiting for several weeks more whilst they waste NHS time and money on unnecessary things.
But hey, I need it sorted, I have bills to pay!

When I had my ACL reconstruction (I was 25 so years ago) I got lost between two drs admins and was limping around for 18 months with a ruptured ACL

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My stupid car and it's stupid warning lights 🤬. It's been to my local garage, an auto electrician and still they come on. If I stop and turn it off and on, it resets. Time inbetween is getting shorter though.

The auto electrician needs the lights on when he looks at it but it resets........He asked if next time I could drive it to him. I would if the car didn't go into a serious limp mode 🙄.

It went on again tonight, only 2 days after the last time. I'm properly hacked off with it. If it was mechanical it would be simple, stupid electrics 🤬

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tonsillitis feels different to a regular sore throat to me. More like shards of glass whereas a regular sore throat is more sandpapery.

My stupid car and it's stupid warning lights 🤬. It's been to my local garage, an auto electrician and still they come on. If I stop and turn it off and on, it resets. Time inbetween is getting shorter though.

The auto electrician needs the lights on when he looks at it but it resets........He asked if next time I could drive it to him. I would if the car didn't go into a serious limp mode 🙄.

It went on again tonight, only 2 days after the last time. I'm properly hacked off with it. If it was mechanical it would be simple, stupid electrics 🤬
Why not take it to the Mazda dealer?
I realise it would be more costly but at least they should have a better idea.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not take it to the Mazda dealer?
I realise it would be more costly but at least they should have a better idea.
Might come to that but it's the wrong direction for work which makes it awkward. In addition, looking on Mazda forums, people don't seem overly confident in their response to engine management warning lights. That hasn't encouraged me. It's plan c though 😄

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might come to that but it's the wrong direction for work which makes it awkward. In addition, looking on Mazda forums, people don't seem overly confident in their response to engine management warning lights. That hasn't encouraged me. It's plan c though 😄
At least they have the software to hopefully interogate the thing, or have seen those symptons before.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The repair that was scheduled to be carried out on my car (coolant leak on the high voltage system) was due to be done today, but had been put back to 7th May. So have to keep the rental car for another 2 weeks (company car so not my cost) but that'll be a month and I just hope they can fix it. Apparently there are a limited number of Skoda dealers who can do this work and they're all mega busy.
It's buggering up my plans as I want to get out in our caravan but can't as only my car has a tow bar.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
When I had my ACL reconstruction (I was 25 so years ago) I got lost between two drs admins and was limping around for 18 months with a ruptured ACL

Same happened to me, but being young and having not yet discovered the joys of golf I decided to carry on playing rugby with no ACL 😂. Was in a cycle of playing - knee swelled up for a few weeks - swelling goes down - play again. It was apparently a horror show in there when they finally did the reconstruction.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same happened to me, but being young and having not yet discovered the joys of golf I decided to carry on playing rugby with no ACL 😂. Was in a cycle of playing - knee swelled up for a few weeks - swelling goes down - play again. It was apparently a horror show in there when they finally did the reconstruction.

Oooo no sod that lol 🤣 I just didn't play football for basically 2 years

Limped around lol 🤣 my right knee became really achy as I was always limping

Did they use your hamstring aswell to make a new ligament? I thought that was pretty cool

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Oooo no sod that lol 🤣 I just didn't play football for basically 2 years

Limped around lol 🤣 my right knee became really achy as I was always limping

Did they use your hamstring aswell to make a new ligament? I thought that was pretty cool

Yeah they used my hamstring in mine as well - the incision they made to get to it is below my right knee, so how they got up to my hamstring from rhere blows my mind 😂. If I touch my toes now and run my hand up the back of my legs you can still tell the bit that was removed as it doesn't bulge like my other hamstring.

Interestingly I played rugby with a farmer lad and when he had his acl rebuilt they used a synthetic ligament as he obviously couldn't afford to be off his manual work for up to 9 months whilst everything got settled. He was up and about and back at work as soon as the swelling went down about 4 weeks later! He said it never quite got right though as he had to knock rugby on the head.

I do wonder how much of an impact it had on me playing without one for so long - they always say footballers lose a yard of pace after an ACL injury but in my case it was about 20 😂.

Before the injury I was a fast and fairly explosive winger - afterwards I was a trundling centre who probably should have joined the fatties in the forwards.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I seem to have got a splinter in my thumb, right in the middle of the thumbprint area. No idea how you get it out as it's buried, and it's agony now whenever I grab something with it! It's starting to swell so hopefully that's my skin rejecting it and trying to push it out. 🤔😕

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I seem to have got a splinter in my thumb, right in the middle of the thumbprint area. No idea how you get it out as it's buried, and it's agony now whenever I grab something with it! It's starting to swell so hopefully that's my skin rejecting it and trying to push it out. 🤔😕
Soon you will have to have your own medical thread (like PJ87s EV thread) :ROFLMAO: