Random Irritations

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coming back from babysitting last night and have shredded a tyre in a pothole on a country road. Luckily Son-in-Law came out to get me. I've had to leave the car in a farmers field entrance. Thought I had breakdown cover with my insurance but I'd not done it this year :mad: Hope the car is still intact when we go back this morning. Job today of getting tyre off and sorting it out. No doubt it will take ages and I have to miss golf on the first day it's open that I can play:mad:

I bet the pothole has already been reported so the council won't pay out. Oh, and four cars that drove past and didn't stop to see if I needed any help or was OK:mad: One did and that was another lady.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coming back from babysitting last night and have shredded a tyre in a pothole on a country road. Luckily Son-in-Law came out to get me. I've had to leave the car in a farmers field entrance. Thought I had breakdown cover with my insurance but I'd not done it this year :mad: Hope the car is still intact when we go back this morning. Job today of getting tyre off and sorting it out. No doubt it will take ages and I have to miss golf on the first day it's open that I can play:mad:

I bet the pothole has already been reported so the council won't pay out. Oh, and four cars that drove past and didn't stop to see if I needed any help or was OK:mad: One did and that was another lady.

Awful and unlucky event. Hope it gets sorted

That bit about if it's been reported annoys me..if it's been reported and not fixed it should be a payout because they should fix it urgently, only my opinion ofc.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awful and unlucky event. Hope it gets sorted

That bit about if it's been reported annoys me..if it's been reported and not fixed it should be a payout because they should fix it urgently, only my opinion ofc.

It could have been worse is the way I look at it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If the road owners had knowledge of the potholes but did not take the necessary steps to address them, they are required to accept your claim

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the road owners had knowledge of the potholes but did not take the necessary steps to address them, they are required to accept your claim

Cheers Bob I will check that out as a work colleague was told different by the council when she had lots of damage.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers Bob I will check that out as a work colleague was told different by the council when she had lots of damage.
If someone reports a pothole to the council, they are obliged to repair it in a reasonable time.
If they don't fix it and your car is damaged, they must be held responsible surely ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get sent a text, or email etc about something you have brought (in this case my pans) click to see care tips etc (same if you want to register a warranty)

Click

Opens the page you want .. "you appear to be in the UK , do you want to redirect" click

Ofc then your nowhere near the information you were linked to and now on the home page

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It could have been worse is the way I look at it.
Found out last night my car has no jack and wrench. Just assumed when I bought it from the garage it was there.

HIDs wrench didn't fit so had to drive to Kwik Fit who have lent us wrench. Back to the car, back to Kwik Fit, back to car etc etc

Anyway I'm having two new tyres and getting breakdown cover later!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sitting in a car showroom this morning waiting for my MOT to be done - some banal channel playing on a TV in the waiting room.

It was one of those "UFOs are everywhere" programmes - each to their own what they believe of course but this one took the biscuit.

Some American "historian and UFO expert" was claiming that a particular battle in the War of Independence was won because a storm came out of nowhere and disrupted the British forces leading to their defeat. This "expert" was claiming it was alien influence guiding the human race because they had seen the "huge potential of the new American nation"

Honestly, where do they dig these people up from?
they come out of UFOs

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found out last night my car has no jack and wrench. Just assumed when I bought it from the garage it was there.

HIDs wrench didn't fit so had to drive to Kwik Fit who have lent us wrench. Back to the car, back to Kwik Fit, back to car etc etc

If it's of any use, I use Start Rescue and have found them absolutely 1st class.
https://www.startrescue.co.uk/

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I find for My breakdown cover my wife and I got a joint account with nationwide . £13 a month gets us

Travel insurance
Mobile phone insurance
Break down cover for any car either of us travel in

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Followed a 73 plate car this morning..
1 thing I noticed was the rear wiper.
The arm was less than 12 inches long and the blade no more than 6 or 7
The area of glass that would be wiped with that wouldn't be worth doing
At a guess it would wipe less than a quarter of the window.....what's the point?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just landed in Barcelona …. Always a bit squeaky to go to the ‘third world’ queue … was used to rocking up.
Today there are about 500 people in front of us, queue is about 4 lines deep.. a true British dream ..