Random Irritations

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
The water came back on yesterday evening but by the time I went for a shower it was back off. And it was still off at 8am this morning. We received notification from Galasa, the water company, that is was going back on at 1:30pm… someone’s watch must be broken as it’s still not on, 7:55pm.

I don’t even like being upwind of me. Looks like it’s be an 8 litre container as a shower before bed.
No pools local to you?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
No water.

We usually lose water about every 4-6 weeks. It rarely extends beyond 4 hours - think it’s only happened about twice in 6 years. Today is that second time. It went off around 9pm last night and it’s now past 4pm.

Knowing that it goes off occasionally we have about 6x 8 litre plastic containers with water in for flushing the toilet & washing. But there’s a world of a difference between a good shower and using the sink. We bowled this morning and both are in need of a shower.

Then there’s a couple more for drinking water and cooking.

You don’t realise how much you take for granted the ability to turn on a tap or flush the loo in the U.K.

Enough! We need water!!
When I lived in Algeria in the '70s, we filled the bath. When the water came on, we emptied the bath.

In Cape Town a couple of years ago when they had water shortages, the hotels installed flow limiters on the taps. Some are still there. They don't save water they just waste time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Me and him were born in Hong Kong in the early 60s..
Mum told us that the water came on every 3rd day for 3 hours
They had to fill every container they had.... :oops:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another awful story in the news today of a little child being murdered by the parent - makes awful & difficult reading imagining what the poor little lad went through in his short life.
We weren't able to have any children due to my wife's chronic illness and the Dr couldn't recommend us if we went down the adoption route for the same reason, so it breaks my heart to see that although there are potentially good parents out there who can't ever have a family of their own, there are utter scum who must delight in torturing their own children/step children and who likely doesn't even want them.
Hanging is too good for these type of people.
I appreciate that this is probably too strong for the random irritations thread.

Not too strong at all, I really feel for you and yours.
Hang them, electrocute them, lethally inject them, I really don't care, just get them off this planet.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The water came back on yesterday evening but by the time I went for a shower it was back off. And it was still off at 8am this morning. We received notification from Galasa, the water company, that is was going back on at 1:30pm… someone’s watch must be broken as it’s still not on, 7:55pm.

I don’t even like being upwind of me. Looks like it’s be an 8 litre container as a shower before bed.

Yeah!!

Verily we have showered!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I pay £60 a month for all us to be covered for £1000 dentist or glasses. Considering me and the wife both wear glasses we just get glasses every other year

These trips always get me thinking but I'm too worried of it going wrong. Even tho it wouldn't!
Who is that through?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who is that through?

Hsf (hospital Saturday fund think it's called) it's slightly more directly , we get a bulk discount through work

It's decent enough. Covers our glasses and when the kids were born gave us £1500 per kid grant which helped

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The bloke who just beats you to the counter in the petrol station who then proceeds to pay his fuel on his credit card, pays cash for a car wash ticket and then decides it would be a good idea to get a car wash loyalty card and then, with one of the notes he receives as change for his car wash ticket, pays separately for a chocolate bar.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The bloke who just beats you to the counter in the petrol station who then proceeds to pay his fuel on his credit card, pays cash for a car wash ticket and then decides it would be a good idea to get a car wash loyalty card and then, with one of the notes he receives as change for his car wash ticket, pays separately for a chocolate bar.

I once let a woman and her son get served before me at what used to be called The Sage in Gateshead. She took an absolute age, sending stuff back, changing her mind over the order, changed how she paid. I made a joke comment about regretting letting her go first, next thing she’s on my back attacking me 😦🤣

Asian Dawn

Visit site
Sitting in a car showroom this morning waiting for my MOT to be done - some banal channel playing on a TV in the waiting room.

It was one of those "UFOs are everywhere" programmes - each to their own what they believe of course but this one took the biscuit.

Some American "historian and UFO expert" was claiming that a particular battle in the War of Independence was won because a storm came out of nowhere and disrupted the British forces leading to their defeat. This "expert" was claiming it was alien influence guiding the human race because they had seen the "huge potential of the new American nation"

Honestly, where do they dig these people up from?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My never-ending cough has developed into another chest infection, more antibiotics - the only good thing is all I'd planned this weekend involves sitting in front of the TV!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Waiting for my wine society delivery. was supposed to come Tuesday, got an email saying it had arrived at the depot at 12.45 on Tuesday, said the same yesterday, still not out for delivery, they better get here by tonight or i'll have nothing to drink with dinner