Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I just read these parts, sorry i am not a chemist, but it doesnt sound to me, a layman, that you really want this stuff sprayed on you....

Inhalation
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects through inhalation. Vapours may irritate throat/respiratory system. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Dizziness. Drowsiness. Vapours in high concentrations are narcotic. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Fatigue. Dizziness. Nausea,vomiting.

Ingestion
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects if swallowed. May cause nausea, headache,dizziness and intoxication. Ingestion of large amounts may cause headaches, nausea,vomiting, abdominal pain, drowsiness and unconciousness. Methanol can cause blindnesswhen ingested.

Skin contact
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects in contact with skin. Contains components which may penetrate the skin. Product has a defatting effect on skin. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. May cause allergic contact eczema.

Eye contact
May cause temporary eye irritation.
best we ban the use of screenwash all together

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just read these parts, sorry i am not a chemist, but it doesnt sound to me, a layman, that you really want this stuff sprayed on you....

Inhalation
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects through inhalation. Vapours may irritate throat/respiratory system. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Dizziness. Drowsiness. Vapours in high concentrations are narcotic. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Fatigue. Dizziness. Nausea,vomiting.

Ingestion
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects if swallowed. May cause nausea, headache,dizziness and intoxication. Ingestion of large amounts may cause headaches, nausea,vomiting, abdominal pain, drowsiness and unconciousness. Methanol can cause blindnesswhen ingested.

Skin contact
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects in contact with skin. Contains components which may penetrate the skin. Product has a defatting effect on skin. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. May cause allergic contact eczema.

Eye contact
May cause temporary eye irritation.
Baring in mind that the data sheet is for the concentrated liquid, when in use it is (should) be diluted with water, but even accepting that someone could mistakenly put undiluted screenwash into their car, (by mistake as opposed to for use as a chemical warfare weapon) it is the WEL figures you need to take note of.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
And maybe my concept of leaning on a car is different, i could litterally balance ok with the tip of my finger touching your car. Thats all i would need, i am not on about a huge sweaty palm on the roof or any part of the bike going anywhere near the car!

Anyway, i extremely rarely have done it, as i am quite good at track standing! (where your feet remain clipped in and you balance on the wheels only while stationary)
Surely if you are on a bike and can touch a car, you've ridden too close.

Cars have to keep away from cyclists. Surely the rule applies in the opposite direction?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't misunderstand. Why can't cyclists just keep away at trafic lights. Just wait your turn instead of endangering yourself creeping up the inside. And surely, overtaking on the inside is illegal anyway.
Because it's safer for them to be at the front, same with motorcyclists. and no, it's not illegal, not for any vehicle in the appropriate road conditions.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So far I think we have proved that people could do with re reading the highway code and that even tho I agree don't touch someone's car people are WAYYY over protective about a piece of metal

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far I think we have proved that people could do with re reading the highway code and that even tho I agree don't touch someone's car people are WAYYY over protective about a piece of metal
When that piece of metal costs thousands of pounds and scratches, no matter how small, can impact the aesthetics, the value and may cost to repair to avoid issues developing, then people are entitled to be protective.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't misunderstand. Why can't cyclists just keep away at trafic lights. Just wait your turn instead of endangering yourself creeping up the inside. And surely, overtaking on the inside is illegal anyway.

Filtering as its officially called is one of the advantages of being on 2 wheels!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When that piece of metal costs thousands of pounds and scratches, no matter how small, can impact the aesthetics, the value and may cost to repair to avoid issues developing, then people are entitled to be protective.

How much is a human life worth tho? I'm not a cyclist, haven't been for years but my dad used to ride to London every single day from ours .. people have little respect for them

And we have highlighted today people get so much worry about their cars , end of day it's a to b, what it's worth is just what someone's willing to pay.