Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well considering splashing someone accidentally from a puddle is considered a crime I wouldn't be surprised if deliberately covering them with soapy water wasnt on the naughty list

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Thanks, would you like someone to spray you with potentially harmful chemicals then?
No, which is why I don’t lean on other people’s cars when I’m out on my bike.

I presume you don’t use screen wash in your car just in case some of it drips on you when you get out or are filling it up?

If you are that worried about a bit of screen wash do you ride in full hazmat suit to avoid all of the nasty airborne particles you could potentially breathe in?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, which is why I don’t lean on other people’s cars when I’m out on my bike.

I presume you don’t use screen wash in your car just in case some of it drips on you when you get out or are filling it up?

If you are that worried about a bit of screen wash do you ride in full hazmat suit to avoid all of the nasty airborne particles you could potentially breathe in?

Good for you.

I use screen wash, do i use it knowing it will spray pedestrians, cyclists, horses? no. I wait until its safer to do so, maybe because i am a considerate driver?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, but then I would not put myself in a position where it became a possibility or risk.

Each to their own I guess.

Leaning on a car is putting your self in the firing line for Ethanol, Methanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acid Blue C88, Tetrasodium EDTA (I don't know what half of these are, but its the ingredients list for a popular screenwash)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
No, but then I would not put myself in a position where it became a possibility or risk.

Each to their own I guess.
Some people are out looking for trouble. I suspect he’d be wearing a go pro to film it too. Then put a clip of him being attacked by the nasty motorist on Twitter but cutting out the bit where he started it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Leaning on a car is putting your self in the firing line for Ethanol, Methanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acid Blue C88, Tetrasodium EDTA (I don't know what half of these are, but its the ingredients list for a popular screenwash)
Just don't lean on a car that's not yours. That's quite a simple solution.

Wearing a ring or a watch or having anything in your hand could cause damage to someone else's car. But I guess you're ok with as car drivers get what they deserve or something like that, as long as it's more convenient for you due to pedal clips or whatever.

As I say, each to their own.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some people are out looking for trouble. I suspect he’d be wearing a go pro to film it too. Then put a clip of him being attacked by the nasty motorist on Twitter but cutting out the bit where he started it.
No, I don't think that Rooter is that type. TBF, quite surprised by the response and that he would actually lean on a car that belongs to someone else, but I don't think he's in that camp.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, I don't think that Rooter is that type. TBF, quite surprised by the response and that he would actually lean on a car that belongs to someone else, but I don't think he's in that camp.

I genuinely don't see the big deal in leaning a hand on a car at the lights. As I said, if you asked me not to do it, I would of course stop and not think any more about it, unlike our chap today.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I genuinely don't see the big deal in leaning a hand on a car at the lights. As I said, if you asked me not to do it, I would of course stop and not think any more about it, unlike our chap today.
Fair enough. I just can't think why you'd think it ok to do so. I don't lean on someone's car in Tesco car park to catch my breath or for any other reason, I just don't touch other people's cars without invite to do so. For me that's just basic respectful manners. But that's the concept of each to their own

Today's incident was just someone who has greater problems than just leaning on a car judging by his response, which was as much bizarre as the leaning on my car.

My car also isn't very tall/high off the ground so he was sort of having to lean downwards as well.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. I just can't think why you'd think it ok to do so. I don't lean on someone's car in Tesco car park to catch my breath or for any other reason, I just don't touch other people's cars without invite to do so. For me that's just basic respectful manners. But that's the concept of each to their own

Today's incident was just someone who has greater problems than just leaning on a car judging by his response, which was as much bizarre as the leaning on my car.

My car also isn't very tall/high off the ground so he was sort of having to lean downwards as well.

And maybe my concept of leaning on a car is different, i could litterally balance ok with the tip of my finger touching your car. Thats all i would need, i am not on about a huge sweaty palm on the roof or any part of the bike going anywhere near the car!

Anyway, i extremely rarely have done it, as i am quite good at track standing! (where your feet remain clipped in and you balance on the wheels only while stationary)

RichA

Visit site

I'd be irritated if someone leaned on my car.
I'd be equally irritated if I came out of Tesco to find someone leaning on my bike.
I also don't understand why a vulnerable road user who should expect a decent amount of personal space would actively place themself in touching distance of a vehicle.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing you didn't read it then.

I just read these parts, sorry i am not a chemist, but it doesnt sound to me, a layman, that you really want this stuff sprayed on you....

Inhalation
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects through inhalation. Vapours may irritate throat/respiratory system. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Dizziness. Drowsiness. Vapours in high concentrations are narcotic. Symptoms following overexposure may include the following: Headache. Fatigue. Dizziness. Nausea,vomiting.

Ingestion
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects if swallowed. May cause nausea, headache,dizziness and intoxication. Ingestion of large amounts may cause headaches, nausea,vomiting, abdominal pain, drowsiness and unconciousness. Methanol can cause blindnesswhen ingested.

Skin contact
Harmful: possible risk of irreversible effects in contact with skin. Contains components which may penetrate the skin. Product has a defatting effect on skin. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. May cause allergic contact eczema.

Eye contact
May cause temporary eye irritation.