Random Irritations

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I remember, back in the 80s and working at Sainsburys during the summer, being made to be " security" as one of the female cash office workers carried a holdall of cash to the bank once a week..about half a mile through the middle of Wycombe....unreal....:oops:

My ex's dad was once doing a bank run with the lads wages for the week. Parked up outside a Coral bookies in deepest darkest Salford to place a few bets and see if they came in. Got out an hour or so later to find he'd left his car unlocked with about £16k in a bag under the seat.

As others have said there's no reason for cash nowadays unless its for nefarious purposes.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My ex's dad was once doing a bank run with the lads wages for the week. Parked up outside a Coral bookies in deepest darkest Salford to place a few bets and see if they came in. Got out an hour or so later to find he'd left his car unlocked with about £16k in a bag under the seat.

As others have said there's no reason for cash nowadays unless its for nefarious purposes.

At Uni in St Andrews (mid 90's) I was in halls with a guy who's dad ran a pawnbrokers. He was meeting someone at The Old Course Hotel to possibly sell four Rolex watches and arranged for me to go along with him as "security" which I thought was strange as I was 5ft 9" tall and about 12 stone dripping wet. At the end of the meeting he would either still have four Rolex watches or would have several thousand in cash after selling them. He told me that I had to wear trainers and my job wasn't to protect him but if it turned out that it was dodgy and he got jumped on the way home I was to run away as fast as I could to the bank night safe and deposit the watches/cash. Turned out to be a genuine meeting and the guy bought all four. We walked back to the night safe and deposited the cash. Easiest £100 I've ever made.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Lineker & his buddies absolutely milking it now.

A breach of an organisation's social media guidelines is usually instant sacking. (Accuracy of statement or otherwise is not an admissable defence)

We had 2 such cases in my last job. Mind you, the folk sacked were not celebs.

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A breach of an organisation's social media guidelines is usually instant sacking. (Accuracy of statement or otherwise is not an admissable defence)

We had 2 such cases in my last job. Mind you, the folk sacked were not celebs.

Problem is the social media policy doesn't apply to others / him and they have said as such before in replies to peoples complaints about Andrew o Neil and Chris packem for example so they need to change that policy to reflect if they want to going forward punish lineker

20230311_132224.jpg

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I remember, back in the 80s and working at Sainsburys during the summer, being made to be " security" as one of the female cash office workers carried a holdall of cash to the bank once a week..about half a mile through the middle of Wycombe....unreal....:oops:
In the Sainsburys I worked at, we had to stand on the door armed with a whistle whilst they went round the tills collecting the money. They must have done this 4/5 times a day - for £1.26 an hour, I wasn't blowing the whistle if someone was sticking a shotgun up my nose.
My wife also told me that when she worked in Lloyds, they had two branches in the town (one was a main branch and the other was a sub) and they used to just have two girls bring a load of money back to the main branch at the end of the day in a carrier bag.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the Sainsburys I worked at, we had to stand on the door armed with a whistle whilst they went round the tills collecting the money. They must have done this 4/5 times a day - for £1.26 an hour, I wasn't blowing the whistle if someone was sticking a shotgun up my nose.
My wife also told me that when she worked in Lloyds, they had two branches in the town (one was a main branch and the other was a sub) and they used to just have two girls bring a load of money back to the main branch at the end of the day in a carrier bag.
A cousin of mine used to work in the Knightsbridge branch of Barclays in the 80's. They used a scruffy looking man, deliberate get up, carrying plastic bags full of money between branches. Same thinking really, who would suspect those people would be carrying tens of thousands, maybe more, of pounds? Clever, but also crackers at the same time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Probably for the umpteenth time....UPS and their godawful tracking.
" your parcel will be delivered between 10.04 and 2.04....."
A 4 hour window, during which I've had to be in when I've got stuff to do, and they can't hit it....
And as for trying to physically track the van....more chance of snow in the Summer....
Tragic.....