Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Bringing Cake to work is like passive smoking, apparently. ??‍♂️

Keep cake away from office, suggests food watchdog head https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64315384
Former Daily Mail sports reporter Martin Samuel wrote in The Times yesterday,

"Taking the cake

Having not worked in an office for many years, I have to ask: is cake really such a problem? Crystal meth, yes. But cake? Just have a sliver if you’re worried about the health consequences; or none at all. It really is up to you. Nobody is truly ambushed by cake — well, there was that one guy — and if the work’s dull, and it brightens the day, where’s the harm? I’m told a gentleman used to bring cheese into The Times every Thursday, which seems considerably more dangerous. Cheese is a gateway drug. To port, for starters.

Anyway, cake isn’t the biggest problem with office birthdays. Paul Dawson, a professor of food science at Clemson University in the US, conducted a study: “Bacterial Transfer Associated With Blowing Out Candles On A Birthday Cake”. Extinguishing the flame this way increased bacterial coverage by up to 1,400 per cent. It’s not cake that needs banning. It’s candles."

Perhaps he's been reading this forum.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Better than staying in bed and getting a call that they were going out. Hope you grabbed a coffee and stayed warm

True. Most live more locally so probably don't mind so much getting there only for the session to be cancelled.

The clubhouse is flipping freezing (cost saving and all that) but we did an erg technical session - I'd have stayed home given the choice though...

We got out twice in the eight yesterday - pure ice up the looms and I was behind a splasher in the first session - fffffreezing!!

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
House buyers: alledgedly 'sold and ready to move'!

I'm not interested in how you discounted your house by £100k+
I'm not interested in your desire to take down walls and
I dont care that you want a new £40k kitchen/diner instead of the kitchen and dining room.

I'm certainly not interested in reducing my price by the cost of any of or all of the above.

I you have the money (~£1m) make me an offer otherwise s** off.

I think people believe they're on a TV property show: well sorry but you're not - this is the real world.:mad::mad::mad:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
telling a colleague at 9.30 this morning that you'll be in touch as soon as insurers have responded and so far he and his colleague have chased 4 times

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have currently been sat on a motionless Met Line train for over half an hour, in between stops so we can't even get off. The number of days with delays vastly, vastly outnumber the days where it runs smoothly. At this rate I'll be asking for so many service refunds that they will be paying me to travel with them.