Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are people using VW Campervans as cars? There's millions of them! :ROFLMAO:

Blocking up multiple parking spaces and have you noticed they always have one headlight not working?

Ban them! (and caravans!)

With the cost of living they prob people's houses!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah, you might be on to something! :LOL:

I kid you not an old friend of mine she has 4 kids, her and her fiancé struggled a bit with renting and can't afford to buy a place

They actually purchased an old bus and converted it into a home ..

Crazy what lengths people are going to

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is it, a Rolls Royce? ?

Seat Altea.
Unfortunately, due to water ingress, an electronic control module ended up being half submerged.
The part alone was over £400 and took a couple of weeks to order in.
Labour was minimal, as it was last month when we had to have a new starter motor for over £200.
Life's a gas at times.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
…there should be ZERO support for anyone who thinks that the ambulance and paramedics unions are choosing to inflict harm on patients. The unions are the ambulance teams and paramedics. By attacking their unions you are attacking the very people they represent.

Such opinions are disgusting and beyond the pale, and those who express them should be rejected by every right thinking individual, as I believe are all those on this forum.

Give it a rest!

You clearly want someone to bite so you can get on your high horse

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The amount of people on our local Facebook group complaining about how busy the supermarkets were today when they went shopping earlier. You were part of the problem. Either accept that the shops are going to be busy in the run up to Xmas and avoid them, or go and do your shopping, like everyone else is, and accept it's going to be busy.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The amount of people on our local Facebook group complaining about how busy the supermarkets were today when they went shopping earlier. You were part of the problem. Either accept that the shops are going to be busy in the run up to Xmas and avoid them, or go and do your shopping, like everyone else is, and accept it's going to be busy.

Our biggest problem today was getting around Iceland, more a Brit supermarket over here, uninterrupted. Saw so many friends, some we hadn’t seen for many months. Mrs Hobbit’s gym friends, golfing buddies of mine and bowling friends for both of us, along with a Brit smallholder who we buy eggs, veg and pickles from. No shortage of Brussels!

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our biggest problem today was getting around Iceland, more a Brit supermarket over here, uninterrupted. Saw so many friends, some we hadn’t seen for many months. Mrs Hobbit’s gym friends, golfing buddies of mine and bowling friends for both of us, along with a Brit smallholder who we buy eggs, veg and pickles from. No shortage of Brussels!

BRUSSELS, Brussels ! Good grief man do you not know there's no politics and Brexit allowed here ....

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've been out shopping today. I had to pick up three things that I'd ordered from Argos to be delivered to store for the kids Xmas presents, went to Morrisons to get gin for Mrs Colch and Sports Direct to buy a rugby ball for another Xmas present. It was quite busy, as I expected it to be, and as I'm sure it will be tomorrow when I go food shopping to see us through to after Xmas. What I didn't do was go out and be part of the problem and then complain about how many people were out shopping. The people that do this are *Fragger* idiots.

* I've discovered a way to get round the GM no swearing rules by using a different F word to describe people. Now just need to find out if there's a Mod with a name beginning with C.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went down our local Sainsburys this morning - one with an Argos collection point in it. Pleasantly quiet both in the store & at the collection point, Happy days :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Give it a rest!

You clearly want someone to bite so you can get on your high horse
Oh come on…give just what a rest…and what bleedin’ high horse - do you really support those who hold such views about the health unions? A union is nothing if it is not the collective of the members and it is the members who are on strike, and so the accusation is that the ambulance teams and paramedics are choosing to inflict harm on patients. Really?

Well I‘m sorry that some might well think that, and might well find my irritation and my expression of my disgust upsetting and maybe just a little troubling. Well actually I hope that they all find it troubling, because quite frankly they should. And given it’s my irritation I need say no more.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Oh come on…give just what a rest…and what bleedin’ high horse - do you really support those who hold such views about the health unions? A union is nothing if it is not the collective of the members and it is the members who are on strike, and so the accusation is that the ambulance teams and paramedics are choosing to inflict harm on patients. Really?

Well I‘m sorry that some might well think that, and might well find my irritation and my expression of my disgust upsetting and maybe just a little troubling. Well actually I hope that they all find it troubling, because quite frankly they should. And given it’s my irritation I need say no more.

It might be your irritation, but it is clearly political, so cease & desist please .

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I just point out to them our local Sainsbury and Tesco open at 6am

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Every time I hear the "edited" version of "Fairy tale of New York" by Kirsty MacColl and The Pogues. Just winds me up about every bit of political correctness in the world.

I'm surprised when it is the original these days. Kind of ruins the song as I wait to hear what they'll play/mute. Amazon music went up in my estimations as they play the original.