Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The missus getting a speeding ticket in my car. And then the royal mail strikes/delays meaning that both my NIP and reminder got delivered on the same day... over 30 days since they were originally sent and outside the 28 days for response.

Googled this. Worth looking into? Any experts.?

“”
The NIP must be served on the registered keeper within 14 days of the offence. Service can be done by first class post, recorded delivery or by hand delivery. A failure to comply with the 14 day time limit is usually fatal to the prosecution case.””

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Googled this. Worth looking into? Any experts.?

“”

The NIP must be served on the registered keeper within 14 days of the offence. Service can be done by first class post, recorded delivery or by hand delivery. A failure to comply with the 14 day time limit is usually fatal to the prosecution case.””

I'll not stake my pension on it, but I think if the notice is actually dated within 14 days of the offence it is counted as served within 14 days (provided it has a first class stamp on it ...) Don't think that the failure of Royal Mail to deliver on schedule counts.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'll not stake my pension on it, but I think if the notice is actually dated within 14 days of the offence it is counted as served within 14 days (provided it has a first class stamp on it ...) Don't think that the failure of Royal Mail to deliver on schedule counts.
Otherwise everyone would say they didn't get it.....

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parents dragging their little darlings along the pavements on sledges, making the snow nice and compacted when it freezes over tonight. Should be great fun trying to walk on it tomorrow

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find a kettle of hot water works every time.
Been doing this for over 45 years and have NEVER had a cracked windscreen.

I've read rather than risk it. Boil the kettle. Pour into a freezer bag, half fill with cold water first. So it's medium heat and rub over the screen

Gently defrosts rather than harsh