Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Avoiid the bigger co's and find a local independent imho, they should measure up and then send you a quote a day or two later, none of the hard sell or wasting 3 hours. When we were in Mudeford we used Boyland Windows and they were great, not sure if they come out as far as you though

I agree to an extent, we have machines in Safestyle and it’s a very high volume place so quality could be lacking at times. @SteveW86 Where are you based

D

Deleted member 1740

One of the funnies in my dealings with 'trades' when needing a new boiler in a new location and some pipework was one of the guys had pointed out the best place to have a boiler and other very good recommendations (where it was finally located) he never came back to me with a quote.

I've only ever purposely not responded to a quote purely on the basis i thought the guy was real pain in the rear end.

He may have thought same?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the funnies in my dealings with 'trades' when needing a new boiler in a new location and some pipework was one of the guys had pointed out the best place to have a boiler and other very good recommendations (where it was finally located) he never came back to me with a quote.

Had similar issues with getting solar

One said we were too far to provide a competitive quote .. thanked for honesty

One did online only survey and sent pics and a price

One came out did the survey then sent the quote

They were £500 more expensive than the other one but I got a good feeling from the guy who came out. He had been my first contact with solar, first to call back and spent over an hour on phone answering all my questions

So they got the job

My parents now going through process of getting on their waiting list

D

Deleted member 1740

I agree to an extent, we have machines in Safestyle and it’s a very high volume place so quality could be lacking at times. @SteveW86 Where are you based

Safestyle tell you its the best quality out there.......

I had them round once and after sitting there listening to the spiel, the guy gave me a special price of £4400. I'd already had a quote off a local reputable company for just over half.

I told him this and he offered to price match, we shook hands and started working the job out. Next thing he's on the phone to the office and after 2 or 3 return calls and hearing his boss screaming down the phone, he told me they couldnt price match, he packed his dtuff i flew out the door.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The sales process is even worse lol. We had them out to quote once and the guy took on look at what we wanted and couldnt even be bothered to measure up. Nearly as bad as Anglian whose quote started at over 50k and came down to 13k and wondered why i didnt want to business with someone whod tried to rip me off for nearly 40k

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The sales process is even worse lol. We had them out to quote once and the guy took on look at what we wanted and couldnt even be bothered to measure up. Nearly as bad as Anglian whose quote started at over 50k and came down to 13k and wondered why i didnt want to business with someone whod tried to rip me off for nearly 40k

I’ve just Googled them to see what profile they use (the plastic that makes the windows), they were on Duraflex which is awful and are moving to Linear which is possibly the worst profile out there, really flimsy and poor quality.
Sorry to anyone who has their windows ??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Safestyle tell you its the best quality out there.......

I had them round once and after sitting there listening to the spiel, the guy gave me a special price of £4400. I'd already had a quote off a local reputable company for just over half.

I told him this and he offered to price match, we shook hands and started working the job out. Next thing he's on the phone to the office and after 2 or 3 return calls and hearing his boss screaming down the phone, he told me they couldnt price match, he packed his dtuff i flew out the door.

I had arranged for Safestyle to come round and give a quote (and this is no joke) he refused to give a quote as it was only my wife at home and he wanted to talk it over wiith the decision maker in this house there. He was not aware thay my wife has worked in the construction industry for 30 years and deals with all of these things as I am useless. Needless to say they were not used and I then went on a bit of a social media tyrade about that.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just had a follow up call from Safe Style, and without any prompting they can lower the price "significantly". I get the honour of a manager looking at the quote and calling me back with a better price this afternoon, cant wait for that one.

Will be interesting to see how low they go before I even ask for some money off.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a follow up call from Safe Style, and without any prompting they can lower the price "significantly". I get the honour of a manager looking at the quote and calling me back with a better price this afternoon, cant wait for that one.

Will be interesting to see how low they go before I even ask for some money off.

How many people accept the high offer .. con artists

We got done on the driveway when we moved in. Never again. Very careful since.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Imagine if a window company just gave an honest price straight away? No haggling, that's the price, take it or leave it. Life would be much easier. I'm hoping there are some out there that offer that, not Safestyle clearly.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Imagine if a window company just gave an honest price straight away? No haggling, that's the price, take it or leave it. Life would be much easier. I'm hoping there are some out there that offer that, not Safestyle clearly.

There is. The local company we have used that has been going for years. No good for anyone not around here though lol

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
How many people accept the high offer .. con artists

We got done on the driveway when we moved in. Never again. Very careful since.

The thing is, they know that our neighbour had their windows done by safestyle and we are an identical house. The neighbour paid £7200, so they know what they need to get to.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Company I described earlier did just that, as did the independent weve used round here. Measure up and then email a price later in the day.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The bloody weather. Days off for my birthday starting today and it's lashing down and very windy. Course closed like others are. Hoping for an improvement by Friday.

Course currently open but lashing down again now. Golf will be cancelled again tomorrow I bet. Just hoping that all is OK on Sunday when I can next play.