Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And were they both sets of planned works, or were they both emergencies... :unsure:
If it was an emergency they weren't acting very urgently....and ifmit was planned there was no pre-warning notice on a busy artery into town.
I have no problem with the need for these works but when all that is being "protected", on a road wide enough for 3 1/2 cars, is the van that put the lights up it does get mildly irritating.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tesco home delivery app, now Im not sure if it's a new update or just got worse

If I want to add an item for example we could have done with some nappies in today's order .. went to add yesterday

If I had added all these random items would drop off as "currently out of stock" even though they are not .. they will be on the order .. so rather than leave it on and if it's not around when the order comes take it off they take it off in advance ..

So didn't add nappies and all the items came anyways .. goodness sake lol

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You know when you’re driving along and you see that ‘Roadworks in 800yrds’ sign, then soon after you see another sign saying ‘Roadworks in 600yrds’ and as sure as night follows day a wee bit later there’s a sign that says ‘Roadworks in 400yrds’… you know what’s coming don’t ya? Yup you guessed it, a short distance later there’s a sign saying ‘Roadworks in 200yrds’ and sure enough strange as it may seem about 800 yards from where you saw that first sign there is some kind of roadworks in progress?

I’d freakin love it if they’d use those signs here :(

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably been done somewhere in the previous 1662 pages - but people talking on their mobile phone with the volume turned right up. Just buy some blasted headphones, or hold the damn thing next to your ear. I don't want or need to hear both sides of the conversation. (Hearing just one side is bad enough)

Do not even start me on this, it really does boil my pi55! They talk to the bottom of the phone only to then stick it back to their ear as they can’t hear the response. It gets even better when they give you eyeballs because they think you’re listening in. EVERY bugger is listening in as they have no friggin choice!

Second to that is people who feel the need to face time walking down the road, or sitting on the train. These are normally the same sort of people.

Someone come for an interview once and I saw them walk across our yard on the phone exactly how you described, no matter how good there potentially could have been I knew that I wouldn’t have been able to tolerate that so wrapped the interview up dam quick snap. Was this narrow minded..maybe, but for my own sanity no friggin way!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Asda delivery times.
Thursday, 21st July 2022, 06:00PM - 08:00PM
:mad:
I did this for a while, and believe me if you were at the end of my route there could be a two hour difference. I was the only one this bad though. Even the women were better than me and I used to rag the engine to death in-between deliveries. I just could figure how I'd get so behind.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I did this for a while, and believe me if you were at the end of my route there could be a two hour difference. I was the only one this bad though. Even the women were better than me and I used to rag the engine to death in-between deliveries. I just could figure how I'd get so behind.

I wasn't moaning about the 2 hour window, I was moaning about the way it was written.
06.00 is the morning and 6:00pm the evening in my opinion.
So to use 06:00pm is just wrong.
I know it's how it's done in the US and I know Asda is an American company but we're not in America.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Second to that is people who feel the need to face time walking down the road, or sitting on the train. These are normally the same sort of people.

Can i agree, but raise you?

Deliveroo/JustEat/Uber moped riders on facetime while weaving through one-way streets, pavements, and any shortcuts they can find. They are a proper menace in our town.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasn't moaning about the 2 hour window, I was moaning about the way it was written.
I know it's how it's done in the US and I know Asda is an American company but we're not in America.
When I looked at this post I thought the complaint was about it being such an early delivery. I saw 06.00 - 08.00, my eyes never sent the message to my brain about pm o_O. I get it now, quite right to be irritated by that (y)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That was all you needed:)
Theyre a nuisance whether mobile or stationary because they park on yellow lines, parking bays
or wherever they want.Theyre like flies round poo

Don’t even go down that route!

Our local high street has massive parking issues yet you’ll get twelve scooters parking across three bays despite an empty motorcycles bay being 50 yards away! ????

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don’t even go down that route!

Our local high street has massive parking issues yet you’ll get twelve scooters parking across three bays despite an empty motorcycles bay being 50 yards away! ????
Or, they do as 2 did to me last week, Park their ‘pets right behind my van that was in a metered bay. The closest was about 20mm behind me, with me having about 2 feet between me and the car in front. They couldnt understand why I parked in the end bay to put a heavy machine in and out the back door. They soon moved when I got in and fired the van up and in reverse;

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

Not any more - Walmart sold out to the Issa brothers last year and is a British company now, so that might irritate you even more!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kia dealer in Stevenage, refusing a warranty claim then charging for the inspection because its not a warranty claim. Then charging for a courtesy car too.

Would you like to book it in for the work Sir...................

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kia dealer in Stevenage, refusing a warranty claim then charging for the inspection because its not a warranty claim. Then charging for a courtesy car too.

Would you like to book it in for the work Sir...................
SEAT dealer in York. nearly 12 months out of warranty. Not serviced by them. Checked out dashboard warning light. Diagnostic software said new sparks needed. Fitted but then diagnostics said new injectors. Fitted. Dealer's receptionist negotiated over 70% goodwill from SEAT without being asked. 2 days later new light showed. Catalyst Converter shot (because of previous issues?) Receptionist negotiated 'free of charge' from SEAT. Total cost £350 for a potential £1500+ bill.
Free brand new courtesy car for whole duration. Just waiting for cat to arrive.

Fingers and toes crossed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
SEAT dealer in York. nearly 12 months out of warranty. Not serviced by them. Checked out dashboard warning light. Diagnostic software said new sparks needed. Fitted but then diagnostics said new injectors. Fitted. Dealer's receptionist negotiated over 70% goodwill from SEAT without being asked. 2 days later new light showed. Catalyst Converter shot (because of previous issues?) Receptionist negotiated 'free of charge' from SEAT. Total cost £350 for a potential £1500+ bill.
Free brand new courtesy car for whole duration. Just waiting for cat to arrive.

Fingers and toes crossed.

think you're lost, things that gladden the heart this way >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;)

Can you ask if they can sort out a Kia condenser while theyre at it :D