Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
And how about the bloke who is having to pay £165 to get a cab to London for his heart operation, and doesn’t know how he will get back. My mate who will have to pay a cab both ways to a Diana Ross concert because there’s no parking left. There’s many more knock on effects to this than just commuting, but there’s nothing like reporting the story you want than the story that actually is…

Fully agree, report on that but the commute is far less of a story but was the emphasis in the buldup. No denying that the strikes will cause plenty of examples of indivdual hardship but not in the way that was, certainly initiailly, being reported.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you spend time giving someone a training session, and they give it the whole "yes I understand" routine, only to send you a bunch of stuff that's wrong half an hour later. You weren't listening were you?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
having to cancel our weekend away as the part i need for the caravan hasn't turned up and the engineer who was fitting it is now off.

that means i'll be driving to Cooden on Friday so it's going to be a long day

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you mind clarifying please - what is political or not ?
A thread asking about strikes ? How is that political ?
Whaaat???
I can't believe you have to ask that!! Of course Industrial Relations are/can get political!
Just go to the BBC News Home page, click the 'Politics' option on the banner and see what the main articles are about!