Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Entering your electricity and gas meter readings as you have to swap to a new tariff that is over double what you are paying now, and the company reducing your payments just before you swap!?!?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having to miss going to see Ross Noble tonight due to a third wave of a cold I have had on and off since mid December :cry:
Is that the one giving sore throats, glands sore, sweats, a ratty cough mainly caused by congestion running down your tubes amongst a few others?
And yes, I'm constantly testing and always negative.
It led me to Bronchitis just before Xmas, just wish the whole thing would go away.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that the one giving sore throats, glands sore, sweats, a ratty cough mainly caused by congestion running down your tubes amongst a few others?
And yes, I'm constantly testing and always negative.
It led me to Bronchitis just before Xmas, just wish the whole thing would go away.
I had exactly that over Christmas. It eased after about 7-10 days but the chesty cough hasn't disappeared. It reared again yesterday along with the aches. No sweats, sore throat, sore glands this time though, thankfully.

Like you, I keep testing negative. I'll have to look up bronchitis. Hope you improve soon, this is tiring isn't it?

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having to miss going to see Ross Noble tonight due to a third wave of a cold I have had on and off since mid December :cry:
Gutted for you. Have you seen him before? If not, this next bit might not be helpful.

Saw him a few years ago and I'd say he was comfortably the best stand-up I've ever seen. First half of the show was mostly improvisation and I was breathless with laughter. At the interval my cheeks were crusty with dried tears.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you dodged a bullet to me ?
Gutted for you. Have you seen him before? If not, this next bit might not be helpful.

Saw him a few years ago and I'd say he was comfortably the best stand-up I've ever seen. First half of the show was mostly improvisation and I was breathless with laughter. At the interval my cheeks were crusty with dried tears.
I've seen him twice before and as Beedee says, he is brilliant. He goes off on random tangents but is a fabulous story teller. One of the nice things, none of his comedy is nasty. Rare in this era

I'll be back to see him again next tour ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Jinxing myself. Was walkingbpast the kings yesterday and saw a mate having to wait for the AA as he had a flat battery. Got in to a conversation about battery's as his is a fairly new car. I proudly announced..my car has its original one that is now 11 years old. Came out to go to golf this morning only for it not to start and the battery being completely flat. Luckily managed to ring one of the boys who lives not far away and came and picked me up. Now waiting on the AA to come and look at it, as I don't have any jump leads ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The wife just received an invitation to an ex workmate's grand daughter's
( evening)wedding reception .
I'm not invited :eek:and she's expected to go along with another female ex workmate
This was attached , As you know we have been living together for quite a while and have everything we need for the household
But if you would like to gift us a small amount towards our honeymoon it would be appreciated .
What's your thoughts ?
Do they still do luncheon vouchers?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When you walk along the seafront and see a booth selling "Hot Doughnuts".
You ask for a bag of five and they try to palm you off with the ones that have been lying in the sugar for ten minutes and are now stone cold.
Your having an effing laugh mate, you can poke them where the sun don't shine.
?????

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You ask for a bag of five and they try to palm you off with the ones that have been lying in the sugar for ten minutes and are now stone cold.
?????

If they've not just come off the conveyor and hot enough to melt tar then they're going back!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
?????
Hastings seafront?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
?????
Was it at High Noon :LOL: