Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a week or 3 ago they did it, maybe more, but it just runs so much slower than the last version...
Yeah it's pretty poor. Now when I go back to it, instead of automatically going back to the security login like before, it sits on the last screen I was on but tells me I'm unable to do anything because it's logged me on. So the process is longer.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jake Paul calling out MMA fighters
Jake Paul gave my friend a Rolex after his last fight in Tampa. Peter Blake is the journalist who asked him a good question at a press conference and Jake Paul came through with the Rolex. Peter works for my podcast network talking about the Buccaneers. He was showing it off on our latest episode.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Trying to watch a series on Netflix via my sky box and after a few episodes it freezes so I need to reboot the sky box

Apparantly it’s a common fault but
Sky won’t do anything about it

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went out for a meal for the first time in 18 months.
When ordering dressings for side salad I asked if they could check which dressings were dairy free as I am lactose intolerant, food arrives, salad has a dressing despite them saying that non of the dressings were suitable. Salad goes back , steak arrives with a big dollop of butter on it.
Manageress arrives to apologise saying error in ordering as intolerance not flaaged up ( they use handheld tablet and order goes straight to kitchen). Reccoked steak arrives undercooked and by which time my side order of fries were cold.
Wife finishes her meal and finally my meal arrives, this time steak was overcooked but I was so hungry I could be bothered to send it back.
We didn't pay for my meal.
At least the Malbec was nice .

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I would also add that the 3 idiots were foreign (East European) and in my experience during the pandemic is that "mask offenders" tend to be of East European / Asian denomination.
Not wanting to be un-PC or make generalisations, but that is what I have observed - obviously there are also indigenous idiots that flout the law regarding masks.
Unfortunately we all know that they can continue to behave as they want without any retribution.
10 of the 11 highest 'Deaths per Million of Population' are countries in that general area too. Number 1 is Peru, which 'stands out' significantly.
Could be a culture of ignoring government decrees?
Serbia, Djoko's country, is relatively normal compared to them at about half the top 11 rate.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody HSBC banking app. It didn't give me the usual fingerprint login, so I had to enter my 'securekey password'. I couldn't remember it at first and accidentally entered too many attempts. Then I subsequently remembered it, but my account is still locked. Most irritating of all though - the app tells me to visit the website to unlock my account. The website just tells me I can do it in the app! App directs me back to website. Endless loop of failure. :mad:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mike Graham says "the Beano's gone mad" as Dennis the Menace's sausage-loving dog Gnasher goes vegan.

"So you've now got Freddy instead of Fatty, Scotty instead of Spotty and Gnashers gone vegan. Don't bother buying it because it's rubbish!"

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The wife just received an invitation to an ex workmate's grand daughter's
( evening)wedding reception .
I'm not invited :eek:and she's expected to go along with another female ex workmate
This was attached , As you know we have been living together for quite a while and have everything we need for the household
But if you would like to gift us a small amount towards our honeymoon it would be appreciated .
What's your thoughts ?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not invited :eek:and she's expected to go along with another female ex workmate
This was attached , As you know we have been living together for quite a while and have everything we need for the household
But if you would like to gift us a small amount towards our honeymoon it would be appreciated .
What's your thoughts ?

Pretty common nowadays, if people want to gift something, better that it goes towards something the happy couple want (cos they're getting married, so not going to be happy for long! :ROFLMAO:)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

What's your thoughts ?
This is extremely common. Nobody needs 3 kettles, 3 toasters etc after they get married, that's a waste of everyone's time and money. I'll happily give someone £50 for their wedding rather than try and guess what household object they might need. Easy.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The contribution towards the honeymooon is quite common these days but I am not a fan of anything that involves giving cash. Also seen requests for cash for house deposits and other things. All perfectly normal these days but cash gifts are just not for me, if I am gifting something at a wedding, it will involve some thought and be something that can be used and remembered years down the line (still using glassware from my wedding 20 years ago).

So, those are my thoughts, it is quite common now but not something that I approve of.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's your thoughts ?

The money towards honeymoon is common and I'd agree rather that than something they really don't want or need. Think it's a bit rough you aren't on the invite too - or at least ler her choose if you are her +1 for the night! Although my husband would be delighted to not have to go!