Random Irritations

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apologies, it’s 3am for me in my world and I’m walking the dog and need to go back to bed.

I don’t recall paying for adlock and if I do I find it value for money. It’s used daily! There’s an option on my adlock home screen to upgrade. So I’m assuming I haven’t paid for it at POS.
Possibly. I meant nothing bad by querying your spelling. Just reasonably important to get it right, though google shows both. I've been using Adblock since it first came out (in 2009). Seems far longer than that! But I guess ads weren't such a 'problem' significantly earlier. Obviously the developers thought so, or would be so, or very probably wouldn't have developed it/them.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It would appear we can now climb on trains and glue ourselves to the side of one, holding up the train network for 77 minutes and not face any repercussions......
I'm really starting to think that massive asteroid needs to come so everything can start again.....

Now what would be funny would be a bunch of similarly-minded zealots going round to the judge's house and doing a ton of damage to his property under the same "right to protest" mantra.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why should he enquire politely when he knew the forum’s pedant was, once again, clearly wrong? You might have thought Foxy was trying to be helpful, whilst others, who’ve seen so many of Foxy’s posts in the past, might have thought otherwise.
I did think Foxy was trying to be helpful, and TBH I don't pay much attention to the petty bickering about the minute detail of a particular post, life is too short.
As I said, I also thought it was a typo.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I share your irritation (most of the forum members probably do as well).
I understand that shops cannot challenge customers without masks regarding their reason for exemption, although I don't agree with it in the current situation we are faced with.

What really gets my goat is when you see 2 or more people together - all not wearing a mask. I'd bet my mortgage on them having no reason to be exempt, instead they have are ignorant, arrogant, law breaking idiots.
Surely store security should be able to refuse entry to such people on the grounds of protecting the health of their law abiding customers.

Was dragged along to Morrisons by the Mrs last night and as we entered the store, there was a guy with 2 ladies all not wearing masks.
I blew a fuse and confronted them, questioning whether they were all exempt with a few expletives thrown in for good measure.
The Mrs, horrified at my behaviour, pulled me up and gave me a right rollocking.

I would also add that the 3 idiots were foreign (East European) and in my experience during the pandemic is that "mask offenders" tend to be of East European / Asian denomination.
Not wanting to be un-PC or make generalisations, but that is what I have observed - obviously there are also indigenous idiots that flout the law regarding masks.

If only this country grew a pair of balls (like Australia) and put an end to these idiots taking the P!
Unfortunately we all know that they can continue to behave as they want without any retribution.

Seems a lot in the UK are exempt
Makes you wonder how folks manage if they live in countries where mask exemption isn't even a thing

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I did think Foxy was trying to be helpful, and TBH I don't pay much attention to the petty bickering about the minute detail of a particular post, life is too short.

Then why not ask if the poster meant Adblock rather than post a one word corrected spelling as was done?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then why not ask if the poster meant Adblock rather than post a one word corrected spelling as was done?
Since I didn't post the reply being disputed over, I don't know. I just thought it was a genuine mistake and was a post trying to help (since I use Adblocker and had never heard of Adlock).
It is obvious I have crossed some sort of threshold between certain parties/sides, so please make of my reply on the matter any way that is required.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

And I might be wrong too. I was basing my reply on past history. Unsurprisingly, Foxy is wrong.