Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wasn't there for footy on Sunday, but as I understand it we had an over-zealous ref who was being assessed. He told some of our players they couldn't wear baselayers that didn't match the main colour of the shirt - a ridiculous rule that should apply to professional football only where they get given everything they wear, it's unreasonable to expect Sunday League players to buy baselayers that match their team's kit for goodness sake. Then he was handing out cards like confetti apparently. An 18-year-old who's a new player for us and seems like a nice lad, picked up two yellows for the softest fouls you'll ever see I'm told. It's only the second red card we've ever had, the first was many years ago for someone who threw a punch, and that guy never played for us again. Now this young lad has a £35 fine waiting for him. The ref obviously didn't care about that or give it any consideration. It's enough to drive young people out of the game. The ref even had the option of not logging the cards on the system, but no, he has put it through so the fine stands. For a young lad to have to pay another 35 quid for a couple of innocuous fouls is outrageous in my opinion.

I thought you had a player sent off the other week that you mentioned on here? Could be wrong like ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our wonderful media, a few weeks ago it was a disgrace that mask wearing was not mandatory in certain places, now it is, nothing but vox pop pieces about how businesses will be ruined because peopel will not visit in masks. I am on neither side of the argument but please, pick what you believe in and report it and do not just be contrary as that simply plays into the hands of the people with more extreme views who see it as media support for their stance.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our wonderful media, a few weeks ago it was a disgrace that mask wearing was not mandatory in certain places, now it is, nothing but vox pop pieces about how businesses will be ruined because peopel will not visit in masks. I am on neither side of the argument but please, pick what you believe in and report it and do not just be contrary as that simply plays into the hands of the people with more extreme views who see it as media support for their stance.

And i will add that we had months about how important is was to get kids back to school and today all the questioning has been about why they do not shut the schools early for Xmas. I have no kids, makes no difference to me but still, make your mind up.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pro snooker players moaning of the right of amateurs to be competing in an event after losing to them.

Maybe consider practicing harder.....?

Have watched some of the Snooker over the last few days and just the sight of Murphy as a pundit irks me.

Unbelievably pathetic, one eyed view of the situation. Bit rich of him to talk about players under pressure earning a living when he's pocketed over 4 million quid in his career without taking into account sponsorships. Not exactly a struggling pro is he?

Anyhow, amateurs may have the advantage of playing without pressure but pros have the advantage of being able to practice all day rather than holding down a job. Swings and roundabouts.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And i will add that we had months about how important is was to get kids back to school and today all the questioning has been about why they do not shut the schools early for Xmas. I have no kids, makes no difference to me but still, make your mind up.
My annoyance with schools at the moment is the fact that the Unions are moaning that the Government aren’t making masks compulsory in schools- surely head teachers can decide to make the kids wear masks without the government ruling. These will be the same people who moan about being told what to do in a nanny state

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The so called logic of we dont know if the vaccine/boosters work against the new variant so were accelerating the booster program because were worried about the new variant
Yup…me and my Mrs struggled with that logic, and that it seems that the existing vaccine/booster is the lifebelt to the torpedo heading the way of HMS UK that is the Omicron variant.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The so called logic of we dont know if the vaccine/boosters work against the new variant so were accelerating the booster program because were worried about the new variant

Get the irritation about the logic, and accept that it's your irritation, but if it does work great; if it doesn't we're better protected against the other variants so it's not like we lose by it. And if we are better protected will it not slow the spread & reduce the chance of further mutations?

But yes, the lack of logic on more than one occasion has been irritating.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Get the irritation about the logic, and accept that it's your irritation, but if it does work great; if it doesn't we're better protected against the other variants so it's not like we lose by it. And if we are better protected will it not slow the spread & reduce the chance of further mutations?

But yes, the lack of logic on more than one occasion has been irritating.

As is moving the goalposts contradictory to what they said previously, and others are doing and saying now, like I dont know, say the US and Dr Fauci

Just little old mes irritations though

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
As is moving the goalposts contradictory to what they said previously, and others are doing and saying now, like I dont know, say the US and Dr Fauci

Just little old mes irritations though

No you're not the only one irritated by it; I'm just trying to see a positive in it rather than letting it drag me further down.