Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had to get petrol last night, it was a pay at pump one so you can still see how much the previous person got. They spent 6 quid on 4.5 litres of petrol. Dear me. Still petrol idiots around then.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I had to get petrol last night, it was a pay at pump one so you can still see how much the previous person got. They spent 6 quid on 4.5 litres of petrol. Dear me. Still petrol idiots around then.

We move cars and our instructions are to add sufficient petrol to do the delivery , plus a small margin, so most of our guys will put in under £10 worth.

Just doing their job

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the Red Arrows were purely ceremonial pilots. Do they still see active service?

No one is forgetting what those planes did but the fact is they now pollute. Get past the emotion, they pollute. Their place now is in museums, not damaging the atmosphere. That doesn't mean we forget them, we just see them in their rightful place now, and it isn't the sky.

If we are really going to buy into the changes it looks like we are inevitably going to have to make then ceremonial flying surely has to go. It is entirely frivolous.

Omg no. There are a lot more things out there that are more polluting than a few planes flying over. When those things have been sorted then we can pull the ceremonial planes down. Until such times, let's enjoy.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Omg no. There are a lot more things out there that are more polluting than a few planes flying over. When those things have been sorted then we can pull the ceremonial planes down. Until such times, let's enjoy.
Think the issue here is in for a Penny in for a pound… and really if the world is in a dire state then all unnecessary stuff needs to be stopped. We can all discuss the emotional background to it all and yes the Merlin doing it’s business is evocative. But let’s resolve the issues clamp down on the big offenders get those sorted then a few red arrows displays and some barrel rolling spitfires are okay !
I am definitely in the WFH camp, the impact to the pollution levels … have to be significant. I also think we need to address other activities and purchasing habits maybe be a little less throw away ( golf club purchases excluded .. but TM could reduce the number of releases) . Also up for stopping private jets as well …

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fire up the Hive-driven central heating for the first time in months. Only 1 or 2 radiators heating and the boiler keeps shutting off after a couples minutes, starts again, rinse and repeat. Any heating experts?