Random Irritations

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I also see it that way. I just think that is very backward thinking. It is 2021 and some people want to hail a system that generations have no comprehension of, has not been taught in schools for 45 years plus and many tourists visting the country will find bemusing. I know most shops will not bother with it but the fact this is even being looked at makes me shake my head. There are many, many things in this country to improve upon, this is not one of them.

All part of the Brexit bonus we were promised ;)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Switching on SKY Golf and they're out playing in beautiful, balmy sunshine- I turn 90 degrees, lift blind, and it's as black as the Earl of Hells waistcoat and bloody cold out there folks!
Oh, how we suffer for being Gods chosen people up here:eek:
Oh well, can't have everything:whistle:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In-car gadgets and gizmos.

There was an announcement this week that Microsoft has enabled MS Teams to work on BMW's carplay. So now you can join that important conference call while you are driving a 2-ton car at 70mph. This brings me to my general irritation, standards of driving are getting worse, look at the stats, too many people die or are seriously injured every day and 99% of these are attributed to driver error. Now give a driver who already probably has a pretty poor attention span a load of gadgets to play with, calls to make, music to scroll through etc etc etc.

That's mine for the day. Please concentrate on driving when driving, the world can wait for the rest.

Give it a year, @Imurg will be able to offer driving lessons sat in his front room across MS Teams with the learner out on the road on his own :D

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Skoda apparently has that, and it's a bit over-zealous.
Several times it has given me the warning while I am actually in the process of braking.
(Presumably it thinks I should be braking more vigorously, but of course it doesn't know anything about the car behind me that I'm worried might rear-end me if I brake any harder).

I've never had the guts to test out whether it will actually apply the brakes if I don't.
All my old cars have had the same early warning system.
While I'm already breaking, the wife screams out very loudly, nearly causing an accident in my pants :censored:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The complete nobber letting his dog crap on the penalty spot of one of our football pitches.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All my old cars have had the same early warning system.
While I'm already breaking, the wife screams out very loudly, nearly causing an accident in my pants :censored:

My missus just screams when I drive 'up someones backside'-according to her...BTW-nowhere near, OR if I swerve about ( slightly ) trying to avoid the potholes in the bloody road-and getting worse:whistle:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried to place an order online last night with a very reputable butcher, got to checkout and it threw up an error saying the payment hadn't been processed, checked details and tried a few more times, sale error, payment not authorised and to try again later. Gave up but I was a bit gutted as I had a big brisket cook planned for the weekend. Checked my like banking app this morning and 4 payments for £57 have been taken out ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tried to place an order online last night with a very reputable butcher, got to checkout and it threw up an error saying the payment hadn't been processed, checked details and tried a few more times, sale error, payment not authorised and to try again later. Gave up but I was a bit gutted as I had a big brisket cook planned for the weekend. Checked my like banking app this morning and 4 payments for £57 have been taken out ?
Should have enough brisket now!