Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 16999

I think you're mixing up different issues.

The RNLI s an humanitarian charity and does a great job.
The potential migrants are participating in an illegal activity.
They set out hoping / intending to evade detection
I’m not mixing up anything!

I’ll repeat for the “hard of reading” I am 100% against these migrants coming to this Country using ILLEGAL methods.

The problem now lies with the British and French Governments and previously the fact that us leaving the EU means we are no longer part of the Dublin Treaty which gave us the right to return them to France.

My responses all started in reply to a poster calling the RNLI the illegal immigrant taxi service, which is embarrassing, shameful and an insult to the men and women who serve, so rather than posters calling him out, I am being questioned, which in all honesty I believe that says more about some of the people using this forum than we’d like to admit.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Paying for a bill in a restaurant and increasing the amount to leave a tip. The person taking the payment cannot be bothered to say ‘thank you”!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think you're mixing up different issues.

The RNLI s an humanitarian charity and does a great job.
The potential migrants are participating in an illegal activity.
They set out hoping / intending to evade detection

I think you’ve over simplified it. There’s a world of difference between an economic migrant and an asylum seeker. And buying a ticket requires an individual to give their passport/visa details. In that way, the only way to make the journey is illegally, irrespective of status.

A genuine asylum seeker, rock solid in the evidence that can support their case will, in all probability, hand themselves in. If they don’t do it within a reasonable timeframe they jeopardise their case. Even then, only 40% of applications are approved.

The U.K. pay millions to France, increased by £54m last week, for them to address the issue on their side of the channel. Why does the French Coast Guard shepherd them out of their waters? Because they’ve been told not to do more than that if the migrants resist arrest, and resisting violently is on the increase. Why do the RNLI get involved? Because by international law they have to. Officials on both sides are doing the right thing. And the immigrants know how to play the system.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paying for a bill in a restaurant and increasing the amount to leave a tip. The person taking the payment cannot be bothered to say ‘thank you”!

Had this last night,

Went out for our anniversary, restaurant we been going years (curry house) used to be cracking all round...

New owners . Food is still good the service is awful

5 tables in there so wasn't busy , at first was good .. waiter was grumpy (turns out was owner)

Enjoyed the meal then asked for desert menu, waited 20 mins for them to come ask ehay we wanted (3 tables now and them just mulling about)

Just asked for bill. Threw down enough to cover and a tip, not even thanks

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Still feeling rotted, freezing cold one minute, sweat pooring off me the next. Had a splitting headache for 5 days now. Not eaten in 5 days either, but it's still coming out of me like water. Take a couple of tests now so at least it's not CVD. Invited for a free game at Castle Stuart today, but not a chance of me playing any time soon..poor Rupert is gagging for a walk, to the wife can only manage him for a short walk over the islands

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had this last night,

Went out for our anniversary, restaurant we been going years (curry house) used to be cracking all round...

New owners . Food is still good the service is awful

5 tables in there so wasn't busy , at first was good .. waiter was grumpy (turns out was owner)

Enjoyed the meal then asked for desert menu, waited 20 mins for them to come ask ehay we wanted (3 tables now and them just mulling about)

Just asked for bill. Threw down enough to cover and a tip, not even thanks

Awful service and still tipped?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Great food, didn't want to wait around for change (£46 threw down £50)

Plus they usually very good. Can't judge too harshly with covid hitting them

Will order a take away from them this week still best around

Our fav curry house gave us an horrendous curry a few months back, and gave us the best curry ever a couple of weeks back. Everyone has a bad day.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having to join the wifes familly for a "fun" night in the local pubs. After a cracking curry their choice of pub was a virtually deserted one with no atmosphere but a pool table. I hate pool. So the men quickly started to play, with winner stays on. Joy of joys. Watching pool being played by people who really can't play and the winner was a young lad who's sole tactic was hit and hope. Plus one of the sons is a loud mouth moron who NEVER buys a round.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Still feeling rotted, freezing cold one minute, sweat pooring off me the next. Had a splitting headache for 5 days now. Not eaten in 5 days either, but it's still coming out of me like water. Take a couple of tests now so at least it's not CVD. Invited for a free game at Castle Stuart today, but not a chance of me playing any time soon..poor Rupert is gagging for a walk, to the wife can only manage him for a short walk over the islands

Get well soon Patrick ??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I’m sure dishing out a few infractions will make you feel better mate

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ticks.

Out on the bike this morning and crossing through some woodland, brushed off more than 30. Found 4 attached to my stomach when I got home.

Evil things. I’m sure they’re getting worse year on year.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who moan about the prices after eating in a restaurant - don't they check the menu outside/when sitting down before they order? ;););)

How many restaurants post their menus and prices outside anymore? Plus never sat down seen a price and been like sod that

By time you found somewhere else to eat not worth it ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How many restaurants post their menus and prices outside anymore? Plus never sat down seen a price and been like sod that

By time you found somewhere else to eat not worth it ?
I think most places have a menu by the door. If we can't see what the choice is and price, we won't go in. No point going in if you don't like what they serve or think it is too pricey