Random Irritations

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good to see on breakfast TV a guy so irritated about caravans on the road he wants a curfew.
I'd go further.
I'd like to see a complete ban.
I know more and more people are getting annoyed about our roads being clogged up by these selfish people.
A couple from Cornwall I met recently reported that the A30 is now just one long line of white.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
RNLI Volunteers being verbally abused by the public for picking up refugees in the Dover Straits.(n)

Simples...Shoot them!!....The abusers that is!!
( Wonder what their attitude would be if it was them stuck on a leaky inflatable and drifting, no lifejackets..or hope)-I realise that that is a digression from the fact that it's about the immigrants...but just wonder if they would have the balls to do that job??

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Simples...Shoot them!!....The abusers that is!!
( Wonder what their attitude would be if it was them stuck on a leaky inflatable and drifting, no lifejackets..or hope)-I realise that that is a digression from the fact that it's about the immigrants...but just wonder if they would have the balls to do that job??
My faith in the UK population is being restored by news that the RNLI have had a big surge in donations since that incident.(y)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
People that think their journey is more important than someone else's, therefore showing zero patience, probably because they didn't plan properly and then need to rush.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Good to see on breakfast TV a guy so irritated about caravans on the road he wants a curfew.
I'd go further.
I'd like to see a complete ban.
I know more and more people are getting annoyed about our roads being clogged up by these selfish people.
A couple from Cornwall I met recently reported that the A30 is now just one long line of white.

?

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t you you mean the illegal immigrant taxi service?

Why is that illegal immigrants are only in danger once in British waters?
So you suggest once the immigrants are in British waters the RNLI stand back and watch people drown?

It’s irrelevant to the RNLI were their journey started and what dangers they’ve survived, the RNLI VOLUNTEERS are doing what they are trained to do in the areas they watch.

You’ve out done yourself once again and you should be embarrassed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-57999224.amp

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So you suggest once the immigrants are in British waters the RNLI stand back and watch people drown?

It’s irrelevant to the RNLI were their journey started and what dangers they’ve survived, the RNLI VOLUNTEERS are doing what they are trained to do in the areas they watch.

A staggering number of people are probably do think these refugees should be left to drown.

It's beyond pathetic.

We should be proud we are able to help people who are desperate for our help.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I never suggested that you clown! Try reading what i wrote
Surely they’re in as much danger as soon as the set out from the safety of France

D

Deleted member 16999

I never suggested that you clown! Try reading what i wrote
Surely they’re in as much danger as soon as the set out from the safety of France
Only one clown on here as your point was answered and I’d suggest it’s you as it’s you insulting a bunch of VOLUNTEERS who put their lives at risks for others.

How did you describe the RNLI? Oh yes “illegal immigrant taxi service” ?

Also, they are not illegal unless they try and evade the authorities, which they are not.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only one clown on here as your point was answered and I’d suggest it’s you as it’s you insulting a bunch of VOLUNTEERS who put their lives at risks for others.

How did you describe the RNLI? Oh yes “illegal immigrant taxi service” ?

Also, they are not illegal unless they try and evade the authorities, which they are not.

Whilst in no way agreeing with Dando, I'm not sure that part is true.
Surely any crossing of a border whilst circumventing the legal Visa routes or requirements is illegal. The reason these routes and methods are so dangerous is because they are illegal, otherwise they'd all just book themselves on ferries or flights.
These are not legal channel crossings and therefore, surely are illegal.

D

Deleted member 16999

Whilst in no way agreeing with Dando, I'm not sure that part is true.
Surely any crossing of a border whilst circumventing the legal Visa routes or requirements is illegal. The reason these routes and methods are so dangerous is because they are illegal, otherwise they'd all just book themselves on ferries or flights.
These are not legal channel crossings and therefore, surely are illegal.
The crossings are illegal, but once a migrant arrives in the UK and asks for asylum they are not illegal.
The system are aware of them and process their application.
The “illegal” migrants are those who arrive and evade the authorities.

I 100% agree they should be stopped at France or in French waters, but to insult the RNLI and their Staff is simply ignorant, I’d suggest some people’s frustrations are misdirected.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-53734793.amp

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
The crossings are illegal, but once a migrant arrives in the UK and asks for asylum they are not illegal.

I 100% agree they should be stopped at France or in French waters, but to insult the RNLI and their Staff is simply ignorant, I’d suggest some people’s frustrations are misdirected.

Semantics. Obviously they are evading them the authorities by their method of entry into the Country.
You try and enter any other Country by similar means and see if it's legal,or not.!

D

Deleted member 16999

Semantics. Obviously they are evading them the authorities by their method of entry into the Country.
You try and enter any other Country by similar means and see if it's legal,or not.!
What part of me saying the crossings are illegal (method of entry) did you decide to ignore? The rest isn’t semantics at all, it’s facts, they aren’t evading anybody and 99% of them hand themselves in (thus not being illegal) at the earliest opportunity, using the wrong words to describe these people and the denying the real issue adds to the problems and lead to attacks on RNLI staff, or are you another one who has remained quiet on that FACT!

Last edited by a moderator:

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I think you're mixing up different issues.

The RNLI s an humanitarian charity and does a great job.
The potential migrants are participating in an illegal activity.
They set out hoping / intending to evade detection

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Our last one was a little bit bigger than 80mm, and generated a scream from HID that only cats and small children could hear.

Something to be aware of, especially if you are new to the area. July and August tend to be peak months for nocturnal activity by the common yellow scorpion (Buthus occitanus). Adults are 60-80 mm in length. You may find them inside houses. These are often males, seeking females. They are not aggressive as such, but can deliver an extremely painful sting if accidentally trodden on - they can also hide inside shoes, so it is no mere myth that it's a good idea to shake them out before putting your foot in! Likewise, not a good idea to wander around barefoot at night. Pets are also at risk if they mistake them for something to play with. They are a pretty interesting animal, in fact. One curiosity is that the power of their venom appears to vary according to location. In general, the Spanish populations are nowhere near as toxic and dangerous as the same species in Morocco (where fatalities occur quite often), though the population around Tabernas/Sorbas is, on medical evidence, far more potent than those of others in Almeria. They eat insects and spiders, mostly. Another curiosity is that they glow under UV light. The hyaline layer in the exoskeleton is what reacts to sources such as black light or moonlight, and it is the chemical compounds in this that causes the scorpion's body to glow. I used a small blacklight here to illustrate this property. There are several competing theories as to WHY they do this... no-one knows yet, for sure. Meanwhile, just be careful while wandering around at night. There is no need to kill them on sight - I just put a plastic or glass jar over them, slide some fairly stiff paper underneath, then invert. Later on, I safely release out in the campo, where they belong.