Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Road signs in Wales, especially large signs with a lot written on them, lines of English, lines of Welsh. Too confusing… I understand they feel the need to show their identity but hardly anyone speaks Welsh and I bet the few that do also speak English so it’s just a waste of money too.

O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
They should just settle for one or the other.

No. Wales is part of the U.K. The language of the U.K is English.
Road signs , being instructions/advice re the Law need to be in the authorised language.
Having them also in Welsh is an indulgence, a waste of time and money.
How many people who speak Welsh do not speak English?
Does anyone here know someone who speaks and reads Welsh but not English?

Exactly!

(

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My youngest's football team being decimated as a core group of 'rebel' players decide to leave, LIV golf style, for another team that has promised a "pathway to being discovered".

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
No. Wales is part of the U.K. The language of the U.K is English.
Road signs , being instructions/advice re the Law need to be in the authorised language.
Having them also in Welsh is an indulgence, a waste of time and money.
How many people who speak Welsh do not speak English?
Does anyone here know someone who speaks and reads Welsh but not English?

Exactly!

(
Its having it written down twice thats stupid. The actual language matters not, at least to me anyway. No different from driving abroad.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Two separate, private flights taking place today, London to northern Scotland and back. One would be wasteful enough, environmentally and time, but 2 :oops:. Join the zoom generation folks.
I was just going to post the same and totally agree.
Anybody know why they both cannot go on the same plane?
If I was going to a conference 100 miles away and a colleague was also going we would be expected to car share.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My youngest's football team being decimated as a core group of 'rebel' players decide to leave, LIV golf style, for another team that has promised a "pathway to being discovered".

Infuriating isn’t it. Especially when they leave it till just before the start of the season.

My wife has some very good players (U15s) Another local team has been tapping up and offering players a ££ signing on bonus if they move.

We have reported to the county FA but they don’t care as it’s one of the bigger teams in the county.

On of my keepers has just moved to a “better” club. He’ll be sitting on the bench most of the time with a load of kids he doesn’t know. All because his dad thinks he’s better than he is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I was going to a conference 100 miles away and a colleague was also going we would be expected to car share.
No idea, ego? Waste irritates me and this is chronic. Ridiculous, historic procedures also irritate and so this is a double whammy.

I appreciate this is on the edge of politics but it really isn't meant to be. I have no doubt the same would happen whoever was involved.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

My only thought is security. In the US, the president and vice president cannot travel together I believe in case anything happens and I suppose that could apply to the current and future prime minister but that is just a guess.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
My only thought is security. In the US, the president and vice president cannot travel together I believe in case anything happens and I suppose that could apply to the current and future prime minister but that is just a guess.

That's a good point.
At this time, things would be in a real state of flux if the plane crashed etc.
Ordinarily, it would be more than just wasteful, but the situation is a very rare one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's a good point.
At this time, things would be in a real state of flux if the plane crashed etc.
Ordinarily, it would be more than just wasteful, but the situation is a very rare one.
We already have a deputy PM, Dominic Raab, or the runner up in the leadership contest could step in.

Anyway, there is no worry of a plane crashing if they don't take one. Do it online. No reason why not.