Random Irritations

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Went up to the hospital last night, sat in A&E for over 3 hours, and was then called in to see a nurse at just after 8pm.
She took my blood pressure, and then said they would take some blood tests.
When I asked how much longer I was likely to be waiting, she said that they were particularly slow that evening and it would likely take another 5.5 hours....
I came home.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went up to the hospital last night, sat in A&E for over 3 hours, and was then called in to see a nurse at just after 8pm.
When I asked how much longer I was likely to be waiting, she said that they were particularly slow that evening and it would likely take another 5.5 hours....
I came home.

Friend of my mother's has an a&e queue jumping card (due to cancer treatment or something) anyways she went other day .. 10 hours ...

Disgusting

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Add to that "I'm not gonna lie" when usually it's followed by something you'd never dream about lying about. "I'm not gonna lie, I love chocolate"...why?!

Funny recent quote was in the Wagatah Chrisitie case. Rebecca Vardy kept saying 'to be honest' 'to tell the truth' and 'I'm not going to lie' to which the opposing barrister eventually said 'I would hope not Mrs Vardy bearing in mind that you are under Oath in the witness box in a court of law'

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I came home.

Could just be A&E full of people who don’t really need to be there ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried to buy some new clubs Monday online from PXG with the Credit card wouldn’t work so tried with debit card. Website faulty.

Just gone on my banking app to transfer money and the failed transaction is there, checked Credit Card. Transaction there too.

No record of transaction with merchant. Joys.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sat outside a dentist's waiting room with three other listening to a stupid child play up in there. Utterly pathetic. Can't tell if the mum or the dentist has lost the plot. .....now a monitary bribe has been offered. It's was quickly raised from 50 to 75:quid...I kid you not. I'm thinking of doing the same if that's the going rate.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried to buy some new clubs Monday online from PXG with the Credit card wouldn’t work so tried with debit card. Website faulty.

Just gone on my banking app to transfer money and the failed transaction is there, checked Credit Card. Transaction there too.

No record of transaction with merchant. Joys.

I had that with an online payment last year, kept coming up transaction failed but when I checked my account the payment had been taken out 4 times ??
I think it takes a few days to sort out, something to do with the seller not claiming the payment.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I suppose I shouldn't really moan but if a despatch email indicates that delivery is expected on Monday but it turns up today at 1pm when nobody is around so it's left by the front door...am I being unreasonable to be a bit miffed..?
Good job I didn't pay for next day delivery......

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Voicemail, or people who ignore it more to the point. You call someone, you get voicemaiil, you leave a nice, detailed message and 10 minutes later you get a call saying that they had a missed call from you. Your phone has 2 icons, one for a missed call and one for a new voicemail, seeing one should really result in you clicking the other and listening to the message or, if you are not going to listen to the messages, turn off the voicemail.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When did the response "I'm sorry I don't know, let me find out and get back to you" become unacceptable as an answer to a question? Too many people seem unable to admit that they don't know the answer you're looking for, even though their waffling response to the question makes it clear that they don't actually know.