Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
And just to really get everyone going.......I'm gonna chuck in parts of the NHS.

I'm not going to say why, just be careful if you have to use it for anything major. Shocking, shakes head, and utterly discraceful.

Just to say, before I get ripped to pieces, I have seen one good bit. Salford Royal is how things should be done! Utterly brilliant.

There, nice and balanced.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Who actually gives a ####?
Fair enough - I’m considerate enough of disability to bother should I ever use a hashtag, and thought others might be also… guess I misjudged the audience (though if one person read it and took it on board then the 30 seconds I invested in writing it would be worth it) ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The standard of spelling in the linked article, presumably from a professional journalist;

These will be fuelled, the UK Government has insisted, with Hydrongenated Vegitable Oils (HVO).

Do they mean Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils? :rolleyes:

That is a bit crappy but don’t let that be your takeaway from the article, the story is also available here……

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....red-faces-charging-points-climate-summit.html

…… but I know the Daily Mail is not everyone’s cup of tea

As well as other outlets…..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ators-because-of-charger-shortage-3412247?amp

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
That is a bit crappy but don’t let that be your takeaway from the article, the story is also available here……

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....red-faces-charging-points-climate-summit.html

…… but I know the Daily Mail is not everyone’s cup of tea

As well as other outlets…..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/transport/cop26-world-leaders-electric-cars-could-be-powered-up-by-vegetable-oil-fed-generators-because-of-charger-shortage-3412247?amp

Oh it wasn't; my takeaway from this is that those in charge of this switchover from fossil fuels to the new green way forward simply haven't grasped the full magnitude of the task, and managing to book a hotel without sufficient charging points and having to have a generator following them round the countryside simply reinforces the fact that they can't organise the proverbial in a brewery. It would be interesting to know if this actually saved pollution, or if it caused more than using a fleet of ICE vehicles. I know the answer we'll be given, but I'd like to know the real answer. ;)

The fact that the journalist is incapable of using a spell checker was just a random irritation. (y)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
how olds your sky box????? assume youve tried rebooting it

It seems it's an issue Sky are aware of for some boxes. Not sure how old ours is but it aint Q :)

I can't believe how it's messing with my head. Watching Mating Game and it says it's on now and in 10 minutes it's Showtrial then the News at Ten which is on at 11!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems it's an issue Sky are aware of for some boxes. Not sure how old ours is but it aint Q :)

I can't believe how it's messing with my head. Watching Mating Game and it says it's on now and in 10 minutes it's Showtrial then the News at Ten which is on at 11!

My sister has the same issue and she has a Q box.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
New phones

Took me ages when out yesterday to work out why I could not get the net.

'There's a button for that'

No manual for the phone so it all trial and error at the moment.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Websites etc that make you change your password when you forget it and will never let you go back to the old one.

Fine for one device but when you have several devices with the password 'remembered' it is a real pain.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Websites etc that make you change your password when you forget it and will never let you go back to the old one.

Fine for one device but when you have several devices with the password 'remembered' it is a real pain.
Look at installing something like Last Pass. A real game changer on that front.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
get a password manager
I had one of those but after updating to IOS 14 on my iPhone it stopped working. All of my passwords and logins are stored in there and probably will be for evermore without me seeing them. The developer must have given up with it or left the planet. Don’t think it will ever work again. I have resorted to using the notes app on my phone and lock them with a password that I will never forget.