Random Irritations

Miller

Visit site
Random irritation of pretty much every day since March.

The local kids have taken to playing football in the street outside (we’re at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, so little traffic.

They seem to think that it’s perfectly ok to:
1) Kick the ball and follow it everywhere. So peoples front gardens are just extensions of the “pitch” and cars and bushes are treated as nothing more than mild obstructions.
2) Screaming at the tops of their voices.

From the time that school stops until dusk, they’re out there trampling gardens and screaming. Every flipping day.

SWMBO and I had to go away last weekend just to get some peace and quiet.

And of course, we can do what adults did back in our day and yelling at kids to shut up.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Random irritation of pretty much every day since March.

The local kids have taken to playing football in the street outside (we’re at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, so little traffic.

They seem to think that it’s perfectly ok to:
1) Kick the ball and follow it everywhere. So peoples front gardens are just extensions of the “pitch” and cars and bushes are treated as nothing more than mild obstructions.
2) Screaming at the tops of their voices.

From the time that school stops until dusk, they’re out there trampling gardens and screaming. Every flipping day.

SWMBO and I had to go away last weekend just to get some peace and quiet.

And of course, we can do what adults did back in our day and yelling at kids to shut up.

Kids outside having fun. Sounds great.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
HGV drivers who insist on overtaking other HGV’s on 2-lane dual carriageways, only for both to then jockey for position on their speed limiters for mile, after mile, after mile. I was stuck behind two such drivers this morning on the A14 for no less than SIX miles.

It’s not often I wish I was still a cop, but I would have loved to have had an opportunity to “educate” these two. That said, they had some way to go to surpass my record. I once knocked two HGV drivers off for careless driving after they had driven alongside one another for thirteen miles on the A1 - the tailback behind them was horrific.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
HGV drivers who insist on overtaking other HGV’s on 2-lane dual carriageways, only for both to then jockey for position on their speed limiters for mile, after mile, after mile. I was stuck behind two such drivers this morning on the A14 for no less than SIX miles.

It’s not often I wish I was still a cop, but I would have loved to have had an opportunity to “educate” these two. That said, they had some way to go to surpass my record. I once knocked two HGV drivers off for careless driving after they had driven alongside one another for thirteen miles on the A1 - the tailback behind them was horrific.

I love that bit of the m11 where they aren't allowed between 07:00-19:00

Just make any two lane road that.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kids outside having fun. Sounds great.

Our neighbours apologised to us because their twin daughters (aged about 8) had some friends round for the afternoon and were playing on the trampoline and in their paddling pool. Yes, they were making quite a lot of noise, but they were just being kids and having fun and it was during the afternoon and early evening. We told them we didn't mind at all and would be more put out if we heard them telling the kids to be quiet. To me there's nothing better than the sounds of kids having fun playing outside. At least they aren't sitting in front of a computer screen. But I can kind of see the point of the original poster if they are running through other people's gardens and damaging stuff.

Miller

Visit site
Yeah, to be fair I’m absolutely fine with kids playing outside. I guess I’m just getting old and cranky hearing the screaming and occasional thud of a football hitting the back of my car. I guess it would be more bearable if I wasn’t working at home.

So yes, I’m being a bit of a moany old guy I’m afraid!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Get a lot of that on the M2 as well until it increases in lanes. Deeply frustrating and you can see other drivers getting annoyed and irritated. I particularly don’t like when they force their way out, if there is no safe break they should sit in their lane.
I wonder if there is a correlation to accidents on these stretches of motorway?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

My commute to the club is on the A14 and most days this is something I experience...drives me crackers!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We used to play football in the street just like that 60 years ago. Often lost a ball in someone's garden with them refusing to give it back.
Our neighbour Mr Snoddy used to get well fed up if our ball went into the plants in his lovely front garden…and it was lovely. Of course he was right, but that didn’t stop us playing football in the road - only 50 yrs ago mind…?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an offer for a 0% transfer onto 1 credit card … but a fee of 2.9% is applied.
That’s going to sucker a few people, thankfully not living on credit though! Borrowing money is not controlled strongly enough and there is no protection for those not financially astute.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Got an offer for a 0% transfer onto 1 credit card … but a fee of 2.9% is applied.
That’s going to sucker a few people, thankfully not living on credit though! Borrowing money is not controlled strongly enough and there is no protection for those not financially astute.

That is completely normal and has always been the case. You were expecting free borrowing?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is completely normal and has always been the case. You were expecting free borrowing?
No transfer fees were not related to amount to transfer .. they were fixed. Low credit drives prices up because people think they can afford it and gift easy wages to people charging them …

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No transfer fees were not related to amount to transfer .. they were fixed. Low credit drives prices up because people think they can afford it and gift easy wages to people charging them …
Considering the money saved by not paying normal CC interest, I think that’s a good deal.