Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had one about 2 years ago, THE MOST painful experience ever. Hospital, morphine drip the works. Mine was relatively small at 4mm and passed it naturally after drinking a reservoir dry over two days, was fortunate as they were talking operating to remove it, which involves inserting a stent where no stent should ever be inserted, left in for a period of time and then going back to have it removed..... no thanks. Supposed to drink 3 litres of water a day now, no matter how I try, that's a hard task, closer to 2 for me, but that's still 2 more litres a day than I drank before I had the stone.
This was one of the stones I passed a few years ago. The painful bit was as it moved from my kidney to my bladder.

Attachments

• IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 6

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most of the villages round there seem nice, just not been much come up. Weve driven round the area a few times etc going to have another look round monday morning :) Apologies in advance for potentially bringing the quality of the area down ;)

Edit: always assumed you were further West of there, probably because of where you play your golf :)

We're golfing or I'd invite you for coffee :) Happy to help advise of any locations/villages you see of interest.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lots of new houses going up in Brampton and, a bit further North, Alconbury Weald...if new is your thing!

New is definitely not our thing lol. Was finance director for housebuilders for 10 yrs+ and had to oversee the "customer care" dept for a FTSE 250 builder for a couple of years, what I learnt in that role put me off new builds, at least from the volume builders, for life! (Our main criteria is large garden/decent outside space which in itself rules out 99.9% of new builds too)

Alconburys an interesting one, looked at a lovely house in Alconbury Weston a while back, shame it had been 2ft under water at Xmas this year!!!! My friendly solicitor told me to run a mile haha

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
New is definitely not our thing lol. Was finance director for housebuilders for 10 yrs+ and had to oversee the "customer care" dept for a FTSE 250 builder for a couple of years, what I learnt in that role put me off new builds, at least from the volume builders, for life! (Our main criteria is large garden/decent outside space which in itself rules out 99.9% of new builds too)

Alconburys an interesting one, looked at a lovely house in Alconbury Weston a while back, shame it had been 2ft under water at Xmas this year!!!! My friendly solicitor told me to run a mile haha

There are properties in Alconbury Weston that don't flood but the ones along by the ford are renowned for it. Mind you Kimbolton High Street was under water this Boxing Day!

All the villages between say Brampton and Sawtry are very nice. Barham, Buckworth, Hamerton, Alconbury (s), Old Weston etc.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are properties in Alconbury Weston that don't flood but the ones along by the ford are renowned for it. Mind you Kimbolton High Street was under water this Boxing Day!

All the villages between say Brampton and Sawtry are very nice. Barham, Buckworth, Hamerton, Alconbury (s), Old Weston etc.

If you know where the bridge in Alconbury Weston over the brook is then its the house right opposite, next to the thatched one that is also for sale. Theyve had to have the whole downstairs redone and have flood defenses on every "entrance". Beautiful house but just not worth the risk at the end of the day

the more they keep building the worse flooding is going to get in places like this where they are in effect the run off for the new concrete jungles

where were renting had big flooding problems this winter too on all accounts, plenty of "planning" for next winter going on already

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you know where the bridge in Alconbury Weston over the brook is then its the house right opposite, next to the thatched one that is also for sale. Theyve had to have the whole downstairs redone and have flood defenses on every "entrance". Beautiful house but just not worth the risk at the end of the day

the more they keep building the worse flooding is going to get in places like this where they are in effect the run off for the new concrete jungles

It's such a shame and they'll struggle to sell. Alconbury Weald is huge and looks to be getting huger still as 100's of the properties I had to visit for the Census weren't built yet!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's such a shame and they'll struggle to sell. Alconbury Weald is huge and looks to be getting huger still as 100's of the properties I had to visit for the Census weren't built yet!

Whatever you do dont look at the consultation for inclusion in the next "cambridgeshire plan" :)

Between that and the proposed East West Rail theres nowhere left to buy haha (we viewed in Hauton today and had to get through the locals ever so friendly protest about the E/W rail :) )

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
haha youre 20 series late :D
They are re-showing from 2016 onwards, every day at 3pm ?. I'm working my way through them, catching up when I get home from work ?.

Thought about Shropshire, Herefordshire / Welsh border? Great value and a lot of character there ?. What do you mean location, location.............

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Once in a lifetime chance to film the demolition of Rugeley cooling towers and I get in my car and it hasn’t charged up. Fortunately I’ve left early with enough time to get a rapid charge.
Getting a parking space where I’d like to send my drone up is unlikely though.

One gripe with electric cars.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Once in a lifetime chance to film the demolition of Rugeley cooling towers and I get in my car and it hasn’t charged up. Fortunately I’ve left early with enough time to get a rapid charge.
Getting a parking space where I’d like to send my drone up is unlikely though.

One gripe with electric cars.

I've not had that yet, do you use scheduling charge with the charger itself or the car?