Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We’re undergoing a project to find easier ways to get messages our because certain staff just don’t see their emails. I can’t think of a more efficient way than email - but it’s getting shift staff to read their emails!
Tell me about it. We have three staff on other wards due to come to interview for an ICU vacancy tomorrow. I've sent emails to their personal and work emails asking them to confirm attendance and nothing back. Our recruitment system even allows a text message and not got a reply on that

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tell me about it. We have three staff on other wards due to come to interview for an ICU vacancy tomorrow. I've sent emails to their personal and work emails asking them to confirm attendance and nothing back. Our recruitment system even allows a text message and not got a reply on that

Phone them?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
HiD is a nurse and does 12 hours shifts , coupled with the travelling she is often away from the house for over 14 hours a day , reading e mails is the last thing on her mind when she gets home knowing she's on another shift tomorrow

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It didn't even make 24hrs :cry::cry:.

'TV is rubbish, it's stupid, it doesn't work' Where is a head banging against a wall emoji when you need one. Mods, come on, we need one.

I'm going round after work :(:mad::cry:
Seriously? It sounds like he doesn't deserve a TV. Do keep us posted on what's wrong this time, I'm actually finding this really intriguing for some reason. :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seriously? It sounds like he doesn't deserve a TV. Do keep us posted on what's wrong this time, I'm actually finding this really intriguing for some reason. :D
You are enjoying my pain, you sick man :LOL:. Honestly, it's like a chimp with a remote control. He hammers away at the buttons, not looking at what he is doing. All he has to do is press one big red button and the tv will automatically go to the HDMI connection and his Sky box. I deliberately removed everything else to avoid these issues.

I said I will go round after work and HE can try to get it to work, see what he is doing as I can not recreate what he does. 'Why, do you think I'm stupid? It's not me, it's the tv' Okay, says me, I'll come around and turn it on myself. 'Oh, it will work for you'. FFS. You have no idea of the restraint I was using to keep calm. It's like an old school comedy sketch that I am living out.

(I'll keep you updated (y). Perhaps watch the news as well in case I am arrested for battery)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are enjoying my pain, you sick man :LOL:. Honestly, it's like a chimp with a remote control. He hammers away at the buttons, not looking at what he is doing. All he has to do is press one big red button and the tv will automatically go to the HDMI connection and his Sky box. I deliberately removed everything else to avoid these issues.

I said I will go round after work and HE can try to get it to work, see what he is doing as I can not recreate what he does. 'Why, do you think I'm stupid? It's not me, it's the tv' Okay, says me, I'll come around and turn it on myself. 'Oh, it will work for you'. FFS. You have no idea of the restraint I was using to keep calm. It's like an old school comedy sketch that I am living out.

(I'll keep you updated (y). Perhaps watch the news as well in case I am arrested for battery)
I've seen examples online of people who have literally used masking tape to obscure all the irrelevant buttons from their elderly relatives remotes. (Here's one example I just found: ) Maybe something like this is in order? :LOL:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site

You need something like this for him LT

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-Za...d=1543317349&sr=8-4&keywords=tv+remote+simple

D

Deleted member 18121

“Oh here’s a downhill stretch of road, I’ll keep my foot on the break”

If I had the money I’d pointlessly take people to a small claims court and invoice for brake dust.

On this theme....people who sit in traffic with the footbrake on blinding those behind them. Stick it in neutral, handbrake on and give your foot and my eyes a rest please.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
On this theme....people who sit in traffic with the footbrake on blinding those behind them. Stick it in neutral, handbrake on and give your foot and my eyes a rest please.
Uh oh! This one again!! I do that, i drive an auto and im lazy, plus sticking it in park flicks the reverse lights on which always give people a scare!

My irritation for the day is the UK's inability to cope with any kind of winter weather, now stuck in Heathrow for 5 hours waiting for the next flight as mine was cancelled due to fog apparently... Hey ho, I am in the lounge with free wifi, drinks and food. life could be worse.

Wolf

Visit site
The Internet keyboard warriors currently being offended of a picture of Beckham and his little girl Harper (7 years old) giving her dad a kiss on the lips. My 2 youngest 7 & 5 still give me a good bye kiss like that when they go to school.

For all those shouting on Instagram its wrong and weird. The only thing weird and wrong is how they're interpreting an innocent moment between a loving father and his small child.. The world is full of to many over offended snowflakes....

And breathe....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18121

The way that gender fluid/non binary/transgender issues are discussed and debated.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Internet keyboard warriors currently being offended of a picture of Beckham and his little girl Harper (7 years old) giving her dad a kiss on the lips. My 2 youngest 7 & 5 still give me a good bye kiss like that when they go to school.

For all those shouting on Instagram its wrong and weird. The only thing weird and wrong is how they're interpreting an innocent moment between a loving father and his small child.. The world is full of to many over offended snowflakes....

And breathe....

Unreal how modern society manages to tarnish the most innocent and lovely shows of affection. I always kissed my Dad on the lips - goodnight when living at home and whenever I saw him/left once I'd left home. I only didn't do that when going through my stroppy teenage stage!