Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finding myself frustrated with my lack of prowess with the guitar. Poor Barley thought I was mad with him as I cursed the blasted thing...maybe lockdown patience running a bit thin and guitar and jigsaws no longer enough to keep me occupied.

Anyway...will trim my nails and have another go in case it's that!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Well you can tell we are all starting to get a bit cabin fever and need to play golf ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trying to imagine the feverish anticipation and speculation over the weekend, ahead of Monday..
I'm sure some people are going to explode before then..

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The state of our roads and feeble windscreens.
My current van had the windscreen chip and crack 3 weeks after driving it away, new. I didn't bother gettign it changed until it was needed for the MOT. 3 weeks after having it replaced, bang...round 2. This one will have to be changed in just undre a year in readiness for the second MOT.
Why is it we get a cold spell and some salt and all of a sudden every road starts breaking out and pot-holing, causing the related damage.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is another one I probably post every year..:)
We don't maintain roads, we fix them - generally pretty poorly.
If there's a hole in the road surface you have 7 days to plug a square metre around it. Do that, properly, and the repair will last year's.
After 7 days too much moisture has crept in and, to fix it properly you need to replace 10 square metres around it otherwise, as soon as the temperature drops, that moisture expands and breaks the surface. And every vehicle that goes over it chips a little more and before you know it you have stones in the road. More stones = more windscreens gone.
So sayeth an expert in road surfaces that I heard on the radio some years ago.