Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Week in Cornwall put on 3lbs - irritating as I did try - so back on diet - lots of green veg and no carbs.

Just back from local branch of high street supermarket and shelves empty of most common green veg...very irritating. But why? What is it about the pandemic that is causing such supply issues...?

I could hazard a guess that there might be other causes but these are unmentionable, what was it we were told about risk to supply of fresh veg? Anyway, it’s just irritating.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Veneer prices. Like timber prices the cost of good veneer has shot up. Just priced up a set of Louro Preto and it's jumped up nearly £4 per leaf.

Might not sound a lot but I need 8 for ther floor stands I am working on. They are also limiting the maximum leaf width to 180mm from 220mm previously.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just back from local branch of high street supermarket and shelves empty of most common green veg...very irritating. But why? What is it about the pandemic that is causing such supply issues...?

I could hazard a guess that there might be other causes but these are unmentionable .....

You just can't help yourself Hugh, can you! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Week in Cornwall put on 3lbs - irritating as I did try - so back on diet - lots of green veg and no carbs.

I could hazard a guess that there might be other causes but these are unmentionable, what was it we were told about risk to supply of fresh veg? Anyway, it’s just irritating.

Probably because you went late in the evening and all the veg tends to be gone by then, as did bread and milk.
As confusing as it is to me abhorring the stuff. When working the shelves at Tesco as a nipper veg didn’t hang around long. Carrots were usually the first to go.

They’ll be plenty in the chiller in the back but they won’t stock the shelves that late as it perishes quickly!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Probably because you went late in the evening and all the veg tends to be gone by then, as did bread and milk.
As confusing as it is to me abhorring the stuff. When working the shelves at Tesco as a nipper veg didn’t hang around long. Carrots were usually the first to go.

They’ll be plenty in the chiller in the back but they won’t stock the shelves that late as it perishes quickly!
Don’t think so. I asked and was told they were having supply problems - and they were busy replenishing the shelves other than green veg. Well of course they would say that. But it was irritating.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Don’t think so. I asked and was told they were having supply problems - and they were busy replenishing the shelves other than green veg. Well of course they would say that. But it was irritating.

Green veg supply has been impacted by the weather we've had. Are we not allowed to mention the weather?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Staggeringly incompetent people. Who completely ignore very good advice, and go on to make staggeringly stupid decisions that go against said good advice.

Then just to add the cherry on top. When the ? hits the fan, they try to throw someone else under the bus. Grrrr ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Staggeringly incompetent people. Who completely ignore very good advice, and go on to make staggeringly stupid decisions that go against said good advice.

Then just to add the cherry on top. When the ? hits the fan, they try to throw someone else under the bus. Grrrr ?

I thought we couldn't mention politics??

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Beard dandruff. I don't have head dandruff but beard dandruff is driving me mad. Head & Shoulders doesn't seem to solve it. Is there such a thing as Beard & Chest?
Surely you just need to moisturise? dandruff is just dry skin. get the nivea out son. or delve into the bathroom cabinet and see what you can find!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Surely you just need to moisturise? dandruff is just dry skin. get the nivea out son. or delve into the bathroom cabinet and see what you can find!
You need to shed the dead skin though, it’s about make sure it doesn’t build up. If you have a thick beard you’ll need to exfoliate it from time to time by getting a comb in there and removing it. Beard oil may help though I find it makes mine worse.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
You need to shed the dead skin though, it’s about make sure it doesn’t build up. If you have a thick beard you’ll need to exfoliate it from time to time by getting a comb in there and removing it. Beard oil may help though I find it makes mine worse.

Yeh my advice was coming from someone that has to shave once a week if they want to look smart! #Babyface