R7 TP Irons

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Went to the driving range last night to try and get some sort of swing going. Have played a bit inconsistently recently. Have to go through the shop (Direct golf) to get to the range, and noticed a set of R7tp irons reduced to £350. Had a look, thought these are nice, then went out to the range.

I hit about 30 balls with my 5i, which were nothing special, and then decided to try out the R7tps (inevitably). Went back down stairs, got the 5i taped up, went back upstairs, had a bit of a loosen up with it, then went to hit a few balls. Initial impressions were that the head is a bit long, and the swing weight is a bit light (but I could get used to it). The shaft was a TTDG R300, against my usual S300 (I am borderline on the regular / stiff anyway). It took a few balls to get a feel for it, and then I started to find the middle. Nice feel off the face, high ball flight, good carry, very nice.

Then I went back to my own 5i, (Macgregor 1025m muscleback/blade). Middled every one, lovely penetrating flight, great feel, same length as the R7tps, and the swing weight just feels so solid.

Clearly it is the idiot on the end of the stick who is the problem, and so no new shiny stuff for me (credit card breathes a sigh of relief).

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
admirable restraint murph, but nothing else catch your fancy?

my DG is the same, access via the shop and have to get ball tokens there. nice thing about mine though is the bar and lots of screens showing, mostly, golf.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The R7TP's have just been superceded hence the price I suspect.

For a cavity I think they look well nice and feel good too,would certainly consider them.

Got a pal off 18 who has just bought a set with R300's in and he hits them really well(also got a pal off 6 who uses them too). Was with him when he tried them and they were genuinely the best on test including Ping's etc.etc.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our assistant pro uses them and he hits a healthy long ball.
I was about to buy a set of them also, until I got my hands on the titleists, they never got a second thought..until I saw this.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I still really fancy the Titleist ZBs for my next set. Just need to save up enough pennies.

No need to change at the moment anyway. Played a club match yesterday and was really hitting my irons well. Massive divots too, which is always a sign that I am swinging well.