R.Matthews-Williams does an Orka fitting (video)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
May be wrong but not sure that you can buy direct from the website and so any price is dependent on what is being charged by the individual club fitter

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Orka's whole philosophy is custom build and to fit thr player. They dont want anyone buying anything that hasn't been fit so why would they offer a price list like that. You can always phone them up if you are interested for a fit and they could give you a rough idea say what it would cost for heads and shafts similar to what you currently play. They want to custom build clubs for the player, unlikely prices will be the same for 2 different players

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No need to thank me, I found the vid really interesting. I also recognised the studio as it's where I did my putting fitting with Ed two and a half years ago.

I suppose I have one question about Orka, since you offered - why are they so secretive about pricing? No guidance on the website for that, not even a ballpark figure.
Hey, our reason for this is because we let our green grass accounts set their own price that they feel is appropriate for them. If we published prices or allowed people to publish online prices it would lead to unfair pressure for pros to reduce prices to compete

In addition, we have so many different combinations of shaft that can hugely vary the price

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would say it's tricky to accurately give prices as it will depend on the head/shaft/grip combo you have
The shops will sell you a basic head/shaft/grip at a certain price and there may be no upcharge for shafts or grips bit then there may be..
With Orka there is a head at price 'X' plus whatever shaft you have at whatever that costs plus whatever grip you have at whatever that costs.
They're not cheap but they're not extortionate either. - probably somewhere in the £120-140 per club range.
The price you are quoting is based on the RS10 range. The most expensive we do by quite a bit

If anyone would like information and prices I’d happily discuss. Just contact me

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
they have been discussed on here many times, resale value always comes up, ie they don't hold their value unlike other OEM's

That's the point though, they don't need to hold their resale value because I would confidently say that most people that have been fitted at Orka won't need to change their irons for many, many years - they may however want to, but that's a different story.

As someone that now plays Orka irons as well as a hybrid, I will not be changing irons for the considerable future and am now looking ahead to buying a driver.

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
Hey, our reason for this is because we let our green grass accounts set their own price that they feel is appropriate for them. If we published prices or allowed people to publish online prices it would lead to unfair pressure for pros to reduce prices to compete

In addition, we have so many different combinations of shaft that can hugely vary the price

Publishing some kind of RRP xould hardly be considered putting "unfair pressure" on pros, imho.

I think it's just bad business practice. Knowing there isn't a even an RRP and pros get to set the price as they like acutally puts me off even more. If I was to buy a Set of Okra clubs I would have to go to several Pros to compare prices or I would always feel I might have paid too much.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Publishing some kind of RRP xould hardly be considered putting "unfair pressure" on pros, imho.

I think it's just bad business practice. Knowing there isn't a even an RRP and pros get to set the price as they like acutally puts me off even more. If I was to buy a Set of Okra clubs I would have to go to several Pros to compare prices or I would always feel I might have paid too much.

Well you always have access to a sales rep via PM on here to put your mind at ease!

🏌️

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just watched this, a very interesting video and I imagine Alex's phone has been going non stop with people looking into the brand.
I know I'll certainly be trying to get to a demo day at least.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
As much as I like the look of the irons, not sure I'd buy them for the money. I generally replace irons every 2/3 years so if i was to spend that amount on a set I'd go with miura or something and only for the simple fact of when i sell them they will still be worth something. A brand with little value for resale isn't very appealing for me as I like to keep things reasonably fresh

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
As much as I like the look of the irons, not sure I'd buy them for the money. I generally replace irons every 2/3 years so if i was to spend that amount on a set I'd go with miura or something and only for the simple fact of when i sell them they will still be worth something. A brand with little value for resale isn't very appealing for me as I like to keep things reasonably fresh
You’d also pay double for your muiras.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For those Interested Alex has told me they are organising a fitting / demo day in Manchester at the end of the month. Details to be confirmed this week. I'll defo be attending

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
God I hate Youtube so many people planting the seed in the mind that you need something new, I had my PS9 MB made in 2009 by John Whitehead Strike Right Golf still look amazing and I believe they are the same steel 525c, the new RS10 CBs look well amazing I emailed and your looking at £140 max a club. But would it just be better to get my Callaway Xrs MOT'd and adjusted as they work and I know my distances to the yard (my swing doesn't tho) 6-pw £700 I'd love a 5 iron but never able to get on with it.

SO mny choices out there do they make ONE length :) throw that back in

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
God I hate Youtube so many people planting the seed in the mind that you need something new, I had my PS9 MB made in 2009 by John Whitehead Strike Right Golf still look amazing and I believe they are the same steel 525c, the new RS10 CBs look well amazing I emailed and your looking at £140 max a club. But would it just be better to get my Callaway Xrs MOT'd and adjusted as they work and I know my distances to the yard (my swing doesn't tho) 6-pw £700 I'd love a 5 iron but never able to get on with it.

SO mny choices out there do they make ONE length :) throw that back in
Yes we do have one length irons