R.Matthews-Williams does an Orka fitting (video)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They could still simply put "from xxx GBP per club" on their website. Or give the price of a "typical" head/shaft/grip combo and explain that the final price may vary depending on the individual set-up.

I don't like it when companies don't have public price lists for their products. Kind of turns me away tbh. Most companies do that so you have to actively approach them because they know that once you're in a conversation with them they have a much higher chance of selling you their stuff.
I agree, this is why I was asking. Doesn't have to be specific but a ballpark figure. As you say, it feels like it's cajoling you into contacting them to ask and suddenly they're trying to give you a detailed quote and roping you in further. Even knowing if it's going to be closer to £600 or £1000 is helpful.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
but if they are not charging you extra for shafts , why not be able to put a price "from" at least you would have a starting point rather that no idea?

as I said in an earlier post the costs of shafts can vary depending on exchange rate and other things. i.e. when I got my 3 wood reshafted it was just after the brexit vote and the shaft was £10 more expensive than it was the week before. So you could so from £600 a set but by coincidence when you get fitted there is a run on the £ and the now the cheapest set is £750. You would probably feel aggrieved.

The other thing is that I'd imagine the difference between the cheapest shaft and the most expensive is very large

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree, this is why I was asking. Doesn't have to be specific but a ballpark figure. As you say, it feels like it's cajoling you into contacting them to ask and suddenly they're trying to give you a detailed quote and roping you in further. Even knowing if it's going to be closer to £600 or £1000 is helpful.

youre missing the point, depending on what spec your order, it could be £600 or it could be £1000. If they put a guide price on and then it comes in different you'd be moaning its not the same as the guide price

as a customer (multiple times) all I can say is Ive found them competitively priced compared to the OEMs, definitely not a case of if you have to ask then you cant afford them as someone alluded to

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The number of shafts and grips available is very large. It would get quite complicated to put it on a website.

Nippon have 20 different steel shafts alone, if they stick Hiskei and KBS you would be giving pricing information for 60+ shafts, add in grips which again is a massive area of choice, and you would be in excel spreadsheet territory.

Not really, most companies have a broad range of shafts in brackets. Not every shaft will be a different price.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

Could be either depending on what you go for though, that is the problem. You may say to yourself I will get them if they are £600 not if their £1000 but that same set could potentially vary that much.

The details are on the web anyway, here, Todays Golfer reviewed them and gave a price. Or you can email them, they definitely do not hard sell, and are very helpful

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
there is no upgrade as there is no standard. That's the point of Orka and other boutique brands that they build the club to you, they don't start with an off the shelf and adjust. There is no "off the shelf" option

That's rubbish. It's a unit head, you choose a shaft based on the fitting. No different to going to Titleist or Orka. Titleist can adjust lie, loft, grind etc as well as Orka or whoever.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
youre missing the point, depending on what spec your order, it could be £600 or it could be £1000. If they put a guide price on and then it comes in different you'd be moaning its not the same as the guide price

as a customer (multiple times) all I can say is Ive found them competitively priced compared to the OEMs, definitely not a case of if you have to ask then you cant afford them as someone alluded to

Same price bracket as the OEMs but you get so much more for your money, plus they will fix loft lie changes during the lifetime of the clubs.

I will l never buy OEM again

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
The number of shafts and grips available is very large. It would get quite complicated to put it on a website.

Nippon have 20 different steel shafts alone, if they stick Hiskei and KBS you would be giving pricing information for 60+ shafts, add in grips which again is a massive area of choice, and you would be in excel spreadsheet territory.

Putting info about the prices of a large number of shafts and grips on a website would acutally be much easier than providing them in a printed price list.

Simply add a drop down menu for the shaft/grip options with the price of each option stated next to the item. If you want to earn some bonus points add a "total" field at the bottom of the page that shows the total cost of your current combination.

This is actually state of the art in many other sectors. There's even a lot of online golf shops that offer "custom fit" options that offer exactly this.

Even if you don't want to include something like this in your website, you can still at least include the "price from".

There's simply not valid reason not to include prices for your products in your marketing matrial except for forcing potential customers to start a conversation which you then can turn into a sales pitch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ok, then just put the absolute minimum and maximum prices on then. So if my budget was £600 and their minimum price was £700 I would know not to bother and waste everybody's time enquiring.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Putting info about the prices of a large number of shafts and grips on a website would acutally be much easier than providing them in a printed price list.

Simply add a drop down menu for the shaft/grip options with the price of each option stated next to the item. If you want to earn some bonus points add a "total" field at the bottom of the page that shows the total cost of your current combination.

This is actually state of the art in many other sectors. There's even a lot of online golf shops that offer "custom fit" options that offer exactly this.

Even if you don't want to include something like this in your website, you can still at least include the "price from".

There's simply not valid reason not to include prices for your products in your marketing matrial except for forcing potential customers to start a conversation which you then can turn into a sales pitch.

But again as they don't hold stock of a lot of the shafts etc and they buy them in, and so prices vary, for example my 3wood shaft went up £10, across a bag that would add £130 just because of a price fluctuation. How often is this website going to be updated, daily? Seems a hell of a lot of work

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
they have been discussed on here many times, resale value always comes up, ie they don't hold their value unlike other OEM's

ah then i should buy an OEM set so that I can sell it again in a years time when I realise it doesnt work for me, or I could just get the right clubs built and not worry about their resale value :)

if youre the sort who is constantly buying new clubs to find the fix that you need a lesson or two and some practise for then sure they wont be ideal :)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
That's rubbish. It's a unit head, you choose a shaft based on the fitting. No different to going to Titleist or Orka. Titleist can adjust lie, loft, grind etc as well as Orka or whoever.[/QUOTE

When I got fitted for Mizuno at Mizuno the price of the club came with a selection of shaft options, as in there was a standard price that could get you a club. Then they would try and upsell you to another shaft option that was extra. So there was the basic package that gave you head, shaft, grip at £x but you could upgrade.

That is not the case for boutique firms that build the clubs specific

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok, then just put the absolute minimum and maximum prices on then. So if my budget was £600 and their minimum price was £700 I would know not to bother and waste everybody's time enquiring.

As above, thorough nobodies fault the price could easily fluctuate by £100 just on exchange rates. So they could put an absolute minimum that the next week won't be applicable

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
ah then i should buy an OEM set so that I can sell it again in a years time when I realise it doesnt work for me, or I could just get the right clubs built and not worry about their resale value :)

if youre the sort who is constantly buying new clubs to find the fix that you need a lesson or two and some practise for then sure they wont be ideal :)
there's a few on here that change clubs as often as they change their underpants, they should def not buy them then, no me though same clubs since 2014;)