Qualifying rounds

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You need to register, usually with the pro, before playing & there's normally a fee of £1 to pay. You must return the score, whether you like it or not.

We don't have either of those conditions at my club.
We just register on an app (either Intelligent Golf or the Scottish Golf one) and off you go.
If the app fails we can take a picture of a card (self signed) and email it to the comp sec.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club will allow people to play in qualifiers and get their card marked for handicap in them. We also have a buddy system. Your new club should be helping new members get their handicap.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Secretary emailed back first thing this morning, no problems with casual rounds, so card number two will be going in on Tuesday.
Going to be like Christmas, waiting to see what they give me....
???????

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We only have one comp with this requirement which is the Seniors Championship.

Players are required to have played in 3 Seniors regular comps to win the Trophy al though any body of the right age can enter and win the money for each round.

Bit of a row a couple of years ago when the player with the best score did not win the Trophy but he been told on a personal basis of the requirement before playing the rounds.

As I understand it it there for two reasons 1. Support of the Seniors 2. In each regular comp a small amount of the entry fees is taken to cover the cost of engraving the all the trophies for the year and supplying each trophy winner with their own one.

Springveldt

Visit site
Doesn't apply in foreign countries then? ?
I'm going back to up to Scotland at the weekend and I'm playing a round with my brother at his course. I can't find a way to register a casual round through the England Golf or HowDidIdo app as the England Golf one doesn't work for courses in Scotland and HowDidIdo only seems to accept my own course.

Guess it's just practice round now.

D

Deleted member 3432

I'm going back to up to Scotland at the weekend and I'm playing a round with my brother at his course. I can't find a way to register a casual round through the England Golf or HowDidIdo app as the England Golf one doesn't work for courses in Scotland and HowDidIdo only seems to accept my own course.

We have away members from north of the border. When they play in comps they sign the card, take a photo and send to their home club where it is manually submitted into the system.

I inform your home club what you are doing, play the round, get the card signed and return it to your own club. It should not be a problem as we work with it on a weekly basis. To make sure there are no issues get it witnessed by the pro or an official at your brothers club.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 3 years or so Jim. The club have looked into it, definitely inactive mate. Hence the 3 cards required.
They found my record on the "old" system but it hadn't been loaded on to the new WHS system mate. Now that those records are defunct, they said the only way was to hand the cards in.
I have emailed the secretary to ask if I can hand "casual" game cards in if I declare my intentions in the pro shop before I go out. I'll let you know what she says........
Your club should be able to find you on the WHS DB with no problem especially if you can remember your CDH but it can be done even without it.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Declare it and hand it in to your club. They have the facility to enter cards from other countries on their WHS DB

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Your club should be able to find you on the WHS DB with no problem especially if you can remember your CDH but it can be done even without it.
They are saying that I wasn't registered on the WHS database when my membership ended at Cooden.
I don't mind handing three cards in. I'd welcome a few more shots to be honest.
I've become a bit of a tapper these days. A shot per hole would be handy.....????

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are saying that I wasn't registered on the WHS database when my membership ended at Cooden.
I've become a bit of a tapper these days. A shot per hole would be handy.....????
They have the search facility under add new member on the WHS DB, it picks up the old data and should give you a nice HC.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you left your old club before 2018 your CDH records will not have been transferred to the WHS.
In fact they may not have been transferred if you left before the transition date. No doubt someone else will confirm or otherwise but the CDH database is still there for a couple of weeks so EG should be able to get at your history.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I already have a handicap from my previous club, my new club only have 1 comp in June and the club champs early in July, so my aim is to qualify for these.

I’m confused. Has the club said you need to play three rounds for handicap, or three qualifying rounds to enter your Club Championship? There’s a huge difference between the two questions.

If it’s the former, then your handicap is merely transferred between clubs. There’s no requirement to submit additional cards.

If, as I suspect, it’s the latter, then that will be detailed in the club rules. Our place stipulates that, for the Club Championship, members have to have played in three comps during the year. Put simply, they don’t want a member who does not support club competitions walking off with the Club Championship. I kind of get that.

I can’t, however, understand why that would extend to board comps in general. All seems a bit draconian.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Secretary emailed back first thing this morning, no problems with casual rounds, so card number two will be going in on Tuesday.
Going to be like Christmas, waiting to see what they give me....
???????

You might get a shock. Seems to be some funny rules with new handicaps under WHS.

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
I’m confused. Has the club said you need to play three rounds for handicap, or three qualifying rounds to enter your Club Championship? There’s a huge difference between the two questions.

If it’s the former, then your handicap is merely transferred between clubs. There’s no requirement to submit additional cards.

If, as I suspect, it’s the latter, then that will be detailed in the club rules. Our place stipulates that, for the Club Championship, members have to have played in three comps during the year. Put simply, they don’t want a member who does not support club competitions walking off with the Club Championship. I kind of get that.

I can’t, however, understand why that would extend to board comps in general. All seems a bit draconian.
To qualify for board comps. However they only have 1 in June.