PXG 0211 Driver

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Feel like I missed the boat on these! Saw that they were £129, thought about pulling the trigger, waited till the next day and they’d all gone! Seems like an absolute steal, even if it doesn’t work out they’re still going for that and more on eBay.

sjw

Visit site
Hoping my 0811 arrives before the weekend, excited to hit a "proper" driver for the first time! Currently gaming a RAM beginner set from about 2011

simo71

Visit site
I have the 0211 and not impressed at all. Was fitted for it but it's not great. I have had lessons and both pros I have seen have struggled to get results out of it too.

I am getting rid of mine.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the 0211 and not impressed at all. Was fitted for it but it's not great. I have had lessons and both pros I have seen have struggled to get results out of it too.

Presumably it worked well when you were fitted for it, otherwise you would not have bought it. There is a returns policy with PXG, did you speak to them about the club not working for you after the fitting?

simo71

Visit site
Presumably it worked well when you were fitted for it, otherwise you would not have bought it. There is a returns policy with PXG, did you speak to them about the club not working for you after the fitting?
Not really actually, but i'd had it in my head I wanted a new driver so I just went for it. But the performance just isn't that good.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get a short session on the range today not that impressed (probably the wrong shaft for me). Will give it a go on the course but probably likely to go back or after listing on Face book for a short while.

Hitting it well with about the same dispersion as my M4 but it need a lot more oomph to get it to work and distance* was not that great. The sound was about the same as my Ping G425 3 wood.

* Hard to tell for me on the range as I never go on the range with my existing driver so only going by visual and tracer.

sjw

Visit site
Driver arrived today.
Great service 7 working days from order.

The only thing was no email to confirm order. I was going to ring today but was emailed about delivery yesterday
My confirmation email went to spam

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What weight is the shaft?
I went for a senior shaft, 50g. They suggested 40g but I bottled it as too big a drop from my current clubs. I was worried it would feel too light and whippy.

Used it on Saturday and was really pleased. I have a slow and limited swing, combination of dodgy lower back and limited talent, and this needed minimal effort to get it out there.

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site

I have the 0211 & V impressed. Was fitted for it & the fitter got it bang on, best driver I've had. The pro I saw tried to get me into a stiff shaft that even I know wasn't suitable.

simo71

Visit site
I have the 0211 & V impressed. Was fitted for it & the fitter got it bang on, best driver I've had. The pro I saw tried to get me into a stiff shaft that even I know wasn't suitable.

Great news. Glad it's working for you.

I have PXG irons and love them, just not impressed with the driver.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Got my 5 wood today, just over a week from ordering. Took it to the range. Tried a couple of different settings but best on the standard. Hopefully will be good on the course on the weekend

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went for a senior shaft, 50g. They suggested 40g but I bottled it as too big a drop from my current clubs. I was worried it would feel too light and whippy.

Used it on Saturday and was really pleased. I have a slow and limited swing, combination of dodgy lower back and limited talent, and this needed minimal effort to get it out there.
I do understand your reservations over the lighter shaft.
But, I bet if you were given two clubs to try, one, 50g and one 40g, you would not be able to tell the difference. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do understand your reservations over the lighter shaft.
But, I bet if you were given two clubs to try, one, 50g and one 40g, you would not be able to tell the difference. ?
You are probably right but never having tried one it was just a step too far. I did try to arrange a fitting to try them both out but it wasn't possible, the offer would have been over, the clubs all sold out. My previous driver apparently has a 70g shaft so 70 to 40 sounded scary ?.

Hopefully at some point I'll get a go with a 40g version, it would be interesting to try.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just had a driver fitting and couldn't beat my Callaway XR16. However, at this price it's tempting to order one.....