PXG 0211 Driver

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can’t find their second hand site on eBay, so if anyone has it and could paste a link please, would be appreciated.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was playing with some guys who asked a few questions about my driver today. Happy to chat away, the round carried on. About 4 holes later one guy look slightly apologetic and embarrassed and asked if he could have a go. Absolutely, no problem. Hits a nice shot. Next guy goes to his bag to get a ball, 'me next '. Absolutely stripes one up the middle. Guy 1 starts to laugh, 'he will have one in the bag by next Saturday ' ?. Man 2 looked sheepish but had that look.............

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All went very well for me in the end. I got the full refund but somebody had forgotten to put the return on to the system so the refund was actuated so it need a a one phone call chase up.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I was playing with some guys who asked a few questions about my driver today. Happy to chat away, the round carried on. About 4 holes later one guy look slightly apologetic and embarrassed and asked if he could have a go. Absolutely, no problem. Hits a nice shot. Next guy goes to his bag to get a ball, 'me next '. Absolutely stripes one up the middle. Guy 1 starts to laugh, 'he will have one in the bag by next Saturday ' ?. Man 2 looked sheepish but had that look.............
Very brave. We played a fourball match years ago, winning on 17. The 7 hcp, opponent good golfer, team player, had taken a shine to my brand new Titleist 913 D2 driver and asked for a go, no problem says I. He skied it leaving a monstrous pop-up mark on the crown. He was mortified, as was I, but what do you do? Accept his apology and move on.

D

Deleted member 23270

Very brave. We played a fourball match years ago, winning on 17. The 7 hcp, opponent good golfer, team player, had taken a shine to my brand new Titleist 913 D2 driver and asked for a go, no problem says I. He skied it leaving a monstrous pop-up mark on the crown. He was mortified, as was I, but what do you do? Accept his apology and move on.
I would have said 'sky it and you replace it!' Can't stand looking down on a marked club.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd never have thought of that. That must have been an awkward walk back to the clubhouse. Thankfully the 2 today returned it in the same condition as I handed it to them, phew.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lad asked a mate of mine if he could have a go of his driver.
“ if you sky it you pay for the repair” was his reply.
I have never seen anyone tee it so low that he didn’t hit it properly then said “ na I don’t like that”
We all laughed.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

People often ask to have a hit with my drivers, always happy to let people try and not precious about sky marks.
They always seem keen to hand it back after having a hit though. :unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
People often ask to have a hit with my drivers, always happy to let people try and not precious about sky marks.
I did mention to the blokes today that I liked this club as it was fairly forgiving. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case with your vintage clubs. You have to be a proper ball striker for them and we have got used to being looked after by manufacturers now. I remember starting golf and the pain of thinning a ball in winter. I thinned one today and whilst it was annoying/embarrassing there were no 5 minute vibrations ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last time I hit one of your woods, I struck it surprisingly well. Played my second shot from the other side of the adjacent fairway ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Easy to get rid of sky marks in varnish not so easy in ultra thin paint layers.:LOL: