Professional Golf 2024

sunshine

Visit site
My mate sent me this, so I googled it. It actually showed another video taken from behind him. His ball cracked some person with a dog right in the skull. Some funny comments, like "thank goodness it didn't hit the dog"
It hit the woman’s phone

simsini

Visit site
Enjoying watching the Valspar Championship. The rough should be this length every week. Watching -25 birdie fests gets boring.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A double eagle has to be four under par by anyone's logic, surely.
Therefore only for a hole-in-one on a par five, which we all know is a condor.
Double Eagle is purely for those who scream Mashed Potato!
In the old use, an eagle was one shot better than a birdie. So two shots better than birdie, a double eagle. Sarazen's on the 15th at the Masters is always and only, a double eagle.

C7usk

Visit site
Looked like nobody wanted to win it.. A few collapsed on the last 18...why did Malnati get relief from greenside rough on 15 or 16? From barely seeing his ball in the rough to putting from the fringe.. Happy for the man tho.. He was very emotional at the end and it obviously meant a lot to him... Cam young is bound to pick up a win sooner or later..

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looked like nobody wanted to win it.. A few collapsed on the last 18...why did Malnati get relief from greenside rough on 15 or 16? From barely seeing his ball in the rough to putting from the fringe..
Might be wrong but it looked like there was a sprinkler head where he would take his stance,

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A birdie is 1 under par. So 2 under par must be a double birdie :)
I suppose. But guessing double birdies were always scored in the history of golf, and prompted a specific word eagle for that rarer birdie, even if only for holes in one. But until professionals started hitting par 5s in two, the three-under score was unheard of, and so no specific term was needed. Then it started happening a hundred years ago, and double eagle was the first shot to describe it. And why the famous Sarazen still is named that way generally.

C7usk

Visit site
Might be wrong but it looked like there was a sprinkler head where he would take his stance,
Cheers Backache, I never heard any of the commentary team mention the reason for it. I couldn't see anything untoward and thought it was one of them when the pros get a drop for no obvious reason... When we would all just have to deal with it...

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sarazens was the first in tournament history apparently. I think we can forgive them for not coming up with the 'correct' term in the moment.