Premium Driver Fitting @ Golf Principles

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I appreciate a part of the cost will be the fitting fee, but I thought a selling point of the M1 driver was that any of the 24 (?) shafts were available at the same price.

Was there not one of the TM supplied shafts that fit the profile you needed?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you see Henry, red headed chap who is a member at Blackmoor ? Nice lad and a decent golfer.

Glad you had a good experience Alex, but it doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Cracking write up Alex.
Standing on the tee knowing that you've got the best possible driver (for you) will give you confidence to rip it down the fairway :D

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you see Henry, red headed chap who is a member at Blackmoor ? Nice lad and a decent golfer.

Glad you had a good experience Alex, but it doesn't surprise me.

I spent some time with Henry in the early summer doing some trackman numbers. Cool guy and very helpful. He was in there furiously building clubs and will be building mine. I herd he was a good golfer, did not know he was a Blackmoor member though.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I spent some time with Henry in the early summer doing some trackman numbers. Cool guy and very helpful. He was in there furiously building clubs and will be building mine. I herd he was a good golfer, did not know he was a Blackmoor member though.
Yes, but he is another one that has had a beating at my hands.:thup:

OK it was foursomes and his partner had a mare.:)

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I appreciate a part of the cost will be the fitting fee, but I thought a selling point of the M1 driver was that any of the 24 (?) shafts were available at the same price.

Was there not one of the TM supplied shafts that fit the profile you needed?

You know I never gave it a thought. I doubt there is a single stock shaft in the place and just about the last thing I wanted was a TM product as it happens. I am not sure of the reality of what has been said about the 24 shafts. If you have a look there are 4 Rogues at 4 weights and they are counting that as 4 options. Also on the list is the Graphite Design AD DI and I'm fairly sure that's not a no up charge option.

Of course there will be a shaft I can use in there but the point was all bets off, tight weave, low resin content exotic options.

Last edited:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iwent to Precision Golf couple of years ago but didn't get that type of service. Although I was just looking for a shaft I ended up going home with the same shaft as he couldn't better what I had in.

Ive been looking at the Japenese market recently and what they have to offer?
But getting a shaft/head combo is different again. I've got a Nippon Regio stiff that is supposedly £400 but got it off eBay cheap, and looking at a Geotech head after trying out a hybrid in same model.......So you've paid the price for an ugly duckling, but the beauty will be ripping it down the fairway and not fearing the lefties. If it does the job, you only get what you pay for as they say.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Iwent to Precision Golf couple of years ago but didn't get that type of service. Although I was just looking for a shaft I ended up going home with the same shaft as he couldn't better what I had in.

Ive been looking at the Japenese market recently and what they have to offer?
But getting a shaft/head combo is different again. I've got a Nippon Regio stiff that is supposedly £400 but got it off eBay cheap, and looking at a Geotech head after trying out a hybrid in same model.......So you've paid the price for an ugly duckling, but the beauty will be ripping it down the fairway and not fearing the lefties. If it does the job, you only get what you pay for as they say.

Nice, guess you have not hit the Regio yet? Mid/low flight? Any idea on feel? The Accra has a very crisp feel, not friendly but not boardy.

Not sure what part of the county you are but you should check out Golf Principles, think it's right up your street.

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
sounds incredible! Where is this guy based? Looks like he really knows his stuff.

Let us know how you get on in your first round as well! Would be really keen to see how you perform and how much of a difference it makes to your game.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice, guess you have not hit the Regio yet? Mid/low flight? Any idea on feel? The Accra has a very crisp feel, not friendly but not boardy.

Not sure what part of the county you are but you should check out Golf Principles, think it's right up your street.

Yep it would be right up my street, what normal golfer wouldn't like to try that service out?

Ive not tried the shaft out yet as I need to buy this head along with some new Nippon 105s.. I don't want to put it into the head I've already got as I'm looking at a new head/shaft combo..... Bit of a risk and don't have the knowing satisfaction that you have with yours. 😖

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really interesting stuff and links into my recent thread about shafts.

However, I can't help but feel that the tip about ball position and the loft/weight setting on the head made the most remarkable difference on the day.

Would you listen to me? I've become an anti-shaft bore!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really interesting stuff and links into my recent thread about shafts.

However, I can't help but feel that the tip about ball position and the loft/weight setting on the head made the most remarkable difference on the day.

Would you listen to me? I've become an anti-shaft bore!

Non of that was talked about until after we had found a winning combo. For sure those things helped but he was trying to give me something that I was confident to go at. Anyhow, its all a package isn't it.

D

Deleted member 15344

£800 for a driver ?! Madness for a club golfer.

Will you get an improvement on your previous driver that justifies the cost ? I doubt it tbh

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
£800 for a driver ?! Madness for a club golfer.

Will you get an improvement on your previous driver that justifies the cost ? I doubt it tbh

Sorry Phil ill take it back and spend the money on something more sensible... do you have any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry Phil ill take it back and spend the money on something more sensible... do you have any suggestions?

I'm giving an opinion Alex - I believe for our level to get that level of custom fit isn't worth the money for the improvement we will gain.

Will it give you that much better performance ?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who cares about the cost, if you can afford to do it then go for it.....you can't take it with you and all that. There are going to be loads of things that you probably should spend that money on that make more sense but then where is the fun in that. I'm almost certain that Alex went into this knowing that spending £xxx amount would solve all his golfing ills but if it helps a bit and makes someone happy then why not.

I have been in a fortunate position where money hasn't been that much of a consideration and to an outsider (and probably a lot of insiders) I have wasted a lot. That is probably true but I've had an absolute blast doing it!! I now have a young baby (just turned 1) and the spending has been curtailed (slightly) as I now do have to think more about others.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who cares about the cost, if you can afford to do it then go for it.....you can't take it with you and all that. There are going to be loads of things that you probably should spend that money on that make more sense but then where is the fun in that. I'm almost certain that Alex went into this knowing that spending £xxx amount would solve all his golfing ills but if it helps a bit and makes someone happy then why not.

I have been in a fortunate position where money hasn't been that much of a consideration and to an outsider (and probably a lot of insiders) I have wasted a lot. That is probably true but I've had an absolute blast doing it!! I now have a young baby (just turned 1) and the spending has been curtailed (slightly) as I now do have to think more about others.

:thup: