Premium Driver Fitting @ Golf Principles

D

Deleted member 15344

Great write up Alex
Sounds like a true professional knowledgable custom fit:thup:

Ignore the haters
Always gonna be some........unfortunately

Why does someone become a "hater" because they have an opinion that's different to others ?

Can people not post that they don't see the worth at our level without it just being accepted as an opinion

Why do people have to add silly little tags like "haters" ?!?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
F
Why does someone become a "hater" because they have an opinion that's different to others ?

Can people not post that they don't see the worth at our level without it just being accepted as an opinion

Why do people have to add silly little tags like "haters" ?!?

Did I call "you" a hater.....??
NO
So please don't quote me
Thanks

D

Deleted member 15344

F

Did I call "you" a hater.....??
NO
So please don't quote me
Thanks

So who are the haters you are referring to in your post then seeing as I'm one of the people that posted an opinion which wasn't in favour of the OP ? Was there someone else ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lads I'll just interject and ask that ye drop it please, this is just another thread looking to spiral into a bad place.

The man had the money and chose what he spent it on. Whether he gets better, receives a handicap cut, gets worse, whatever the result it was his call to make and Phil has voiced an opinion that he doubts it will help while others have said "who cares". That's that.

To put it in perspective a buddy of mine bought a road bike for £3,000. I said madness. He said he'd be faster on it and that's what he wanted to spend his own cash on. I said grand. He nearly killed himself off it. I said you eejit, I'm glad you're not dead.

The end

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe the haters haven't arrived yet....??
But they will
Or maybe Alex will just get people like you that read half a thread, misquote, then pick out the juicy controversial bit ( £800 )......??
I dunno

But as such, nobody knows the cost of his new driver
It may be very little upcharge from a standard offering...??
Or it may be a 100 or 200 more......??
Either way it's his money, and his business

No different from other threads I've read that don't get same reaction
The 25 handicapper ( example ) spending £350 on latest Mizuno driver ( or other )
Is it better than the £200 off the shelf Wilson ??

The 20 handicapper buying shiny new Mizuno blades, just for the feel, with project God knows what shafts in them and discussing swing speeds, AoA, spin rates, and dispersion.....
Will those clubs improve them.....??
I doubt it
But don't read cries of, take them back you hacker, you should be using shovels

You just then read posts of, nice clubs, send some pics, etc

But if somebody dares do something different.......

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe the haters haven't arrived yet....??
But they will
Or maybe Alex will just get people like you that read half a thread, misquote, then pick out the juicy controversial bit ( £800 )......??
I dunno

Alex said one of the shafts with driver is £800 and I think that's madness for a club golfer to spend that - did say Alex spent. I can take a guess as the standard M1 is £400

But as such, nobody knows the cost of his new driver
It may be very little upcharge from a standard offering...??
Or it may be a 100 or 200 more......??
Either way it's his money, and his business

No one said any different that it wasn't his money and no one said he shouldn't spend it

No different from other threads I've read that don't get same reaction
The 25 handicapper ( example ) spending £350 on latest Mizuno driver ( or other )
Is it better than the £200 off the shelf Wilson ??

The 20 handicapper buying shiny new Mizuno blades, just for the feel, with project God knows what shafts in them and discussing swing speeds, AoA, spin rates, and dispersion.....
Will those clubs improve them.....??
I doubt it
But don't read cries of, take them back you hacker, you should be using shovels

You just then read posts of, nice clubs, send some pics, etc

But if somebody dares do something different.......

I have no idea what the rest of the post is supposed to meaning but I'll say it again

I just offered the opinion that a club golfer won't see the benefit to justify the cost of going to a centre in OP and spending a good deal of money when the stock shaft etc in 99.9% will do the job for 99.9% of the club golfer

It's called having a different opinion - doesn't make someone a hater

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why is the cost issue even being brought up? So what if it cost £xxx? Alex said as much going into it that he anticipated significant costs, but that’s not what the thread is about!

Whether the benefits that a super expensive driver delivers vs cost for a club golfer is completely irrelevant to this thread! I’m sure EVERYONE would agree that the benefit to cost is probably not efficient, but that’s not the point!!!!!

The OP wanted to do it, had the money and inclination so fair play to him!

We are not his bank manager or his mum!!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Why is the cost issue even being brought up? So what if it cost £xxx? Alex said as much going into it that he anticipated significant costs, but that’s not what the thread is about!

Whether the benefits that a super expensive driver delivers vs cost for a club golfer is completely irrelevant to this thread! I’m sure EVERYONE would agree that the benefit to cost is probably not efficient, but that’s not the point!!!!!

The OP wanted to do it, had the money and inclination so fair play to him!

We are not his bank manager or his mum!!!

Agree, although it would be efficient if having it wins you a comp for a £1,000 trip to Portugal :D

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its no different to someone buying a Ferrari rather than a ford focus. it wont get you anywhere quicker, people just judge you and tell you you've wasted money.

Custom fitting is a fantastic experience when done by an expert, so fair play to ya. i bet you cant wait to get the driver. :D

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its no different to someone buying a Ferrari rather than a ford focus. it wont get you anywhere quicker, people just judge you and tell you you've wasted money.

Custom fitting is a fantastic experience when done by an expert, so fair play to ya. i bet you cant wait to get the driver. :D

I am excited indeed! It was a great fun thing to do and not at all what I expected despite having a fair bit of knowledge on the subject. Its kinda the hobby within the hobby. Low loft hybrid next I think... Lets see how the driver goes first.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Smashing write up Alex , got fitted for my irons compliments of GM , hope to get fitted for driver some day , driving is a strong part of my game but its always been what felt right off the shelf .. so im just wondering what if ....

Best of luck with it mate look forward to hearing how you get on , if it doesn't suit ya il give ya £100 +P&P for it :D

Seriously tho mate best of luck with it

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck with the new club mate.

Ive spent 1000 pounds or more on drivers over the years and I still don't have one.
I did get fitted last time for a R15 and hit it well on the day sold on ebay for a massive loss.

Phil lent me one for the HFH weekend and after hooking it in the trees I just left it on the fairway for him to pick up.

Spend your money how you like.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
£800 for a driver ?! Madness for a club golfer.

Will you get an improvement on your previous driver that justifies the cost ? I doubt it tbh

LP, it's not necessarily about 'improvement', it's about getting the right club for you, and you knowing it's the right club for you. We all say confidence is a large part of golf, and knowing you have in your hands, definitely the best for driver for you, doesn't have a price limit as far as I'm concerned.

Lots on here, and people I've met, swap their drivers maybe once a year or every two years. If they are spending £350 p.a. trying to get their right driver, then say over 5 or 6 years, they are forking out near enough £1k, maybe more in some cases. Their choice. This will happen if their fitting service is just basic or just guessing using their own knowledge of their game. Paying for a premium service considers all custom fitting factors and options, not just the basics you would get at AG, etc. Further you get the largest selection of shafts and heads combos that just aren't available with the basic AG type fits or from a shop. This level of service costs to undergo, sure, but at the end of the day, you will be left with a driver configuration that you know is definitely right for you, rather than "I think this is the one for me...".

I say well done Alex.:thup: If the fitting was done properly, and I've no doubt it was, then you'll have a happy client who is very satisfied that he has explored the best chance to get the right driver. He has loved the experience and in all honesty, will probably have a driver that will last him for a long time, meaning it will work out cheaper than those who chop and change regularly. :whistle:

FWIW, I still have my premium cost driver from Precision Golf from 2012. :D No interest in changing and recent tests with the GCT HMT at Silvermere showed that current drivers can't match it. :cool:

D

Deleted member 15344

LP, it's not necessarily about 'improvement', it's about getting the right club for you, and you knowing it's the right club for you. We all say confidence is a large part of golf, and knowing you have in your hands, definitely the best for driver for you, doesn't have a price limit as far as I'm concerned.

But won't all that improving someone's driving ? If it's the best driver for someone then it will be an improvement on the previous driver.
Lots on here, and people I've met, swap their drivers maybe once a year or every two years. If they are spending £350 p.a. trying to get their right driver, then say over 5 or 6 years, they are forking out near enough £1k, maybe more in some cases. Their choice. This will happen if their fitting service is just basic or just guessing using their own knowledge of their game. Paying for a premium service considers all custom fitting factors and options, not just the basics you would get at AG, etc. Further you get the largest selection of shafts and heads combos that just aren't available with the basic AG type fits or from a shop. This level of service costs to undergo, sure, but at the end of the day, you will be left with a driver configuration that you know is definitely right for you, rather than "I think this is the one for me...".

I say well done Alex.:thup: If the fitting was done properly, and I've no doubt it was, then you'll have a happy client who is very satisfied that he has explored the best chance to get the right driver. He has loved the experience and in all honesty, will probably have a driver that will last him for a long time, meaning it will work out cheaper than those who chop and change regularly. :whistle:

Or it could be the simple case of being an Amatuer club golfer we all have inconsistent swings and the driver was right for the swing that day and in a couple of months it could producing the worst drives in the world.
FWIW, I still have my premium cost driver from Precision Golf from 2012. :D No interest in changing and recent tests with the GCT HMT at Silvermere showed that current drivers can't match it. :cool:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
But won't all that improving someone's driving ? If it's the best driver for someone then it will be an improvement on the previous driver.

For some, the data may show no improvement... but knowing it's the right club helps the confidence and we all improve once we're confident, no?! :p.

Or it could be the simple case of being an Amatuer club golfer we all have inconsistent swings and the driver was right for the swing that day and in a couple of months it could producing the worst drives in the world.

That's a bit simplistic. Most amateurs do have a repetitive swing, just not as much as better players.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am excited indeed! It was a great fun thing to do and not at all what I expected despite having a fair bit of knowledge on the subject. Its kinda the hobby within the hobby. Low loft hybrid next I think... Lets see how the driver goes first.

Can you let us (who are interested in your ultimate self indulgent expensive custom fit experience, tad jealous) know if the expensive ugly duckling turns out to be a fine high flying swan?