Pre Round warm up with limited facilities

Saville85

Hacker
Visit site
So tomorrow I'm playing my first society event this year and the course we're playing at doesn't have much in the way of practice facilities. There's a putting green where you get reprimanded for even playing a bump and run with a 7 iron and that's about it.
I've often found I start slowly when not being able to hit a few full shots from a range so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a warm up routine.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Do they have a net at least,so that you can do a few full swings, even without seeing the ballflight?

For chips and short pitches, maybe you can just find a piece of lawn somewhere around the clubhouse. You cannot see the roll of the ball after it lands, but you can dial in to your carry distances that way. Just pick a spot (like a group of daisies or a sprinklerhead or something like that) and try to land the ball on it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Best advice is to try and ease yourself into the round.

Dont murder the ball. Play safe and try to make a couple of steady pars if possible, at worst miss on the side that gives u a good chance of an up and down or even lay up.

Few holes in, no dramas you will know if your swing is there or not. Dont take too many risks if you can and your round should be set up nicely.

Hit away from trouble.

Most people just rock up and play. Its what we do. Just attempt to ease yourself into the round. No point mucking it up before it really gets going.

This attitude, while useful, can see me drop shots early doors quite often but i haven't the time or inclination to go for a full warm up pre round.

Ive done the full warm up thing and i can still duff it off the first. Makes you feel like you have wasted your time.

In short. Dont take risks early doors and see what happens after that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Best advice is to try and ease yourself into the round.

Dont murder the ball. Play safe and try to make a couple of steady pars if possible, at worst miss on the side that gives u a good chance of an up and down or even lay up.

Few holes in, no dramas you will know if your swing is there or not. Dont take too many risks if you can and your round should be set up nicely.

Hit away from trouble.

Most people just rock up and play. Its what we do. Just attempt to ease yourself into the round. No point mucking it up before it really gets going.

This attitude, while useful, can see me drop shots early doors quite often but i haven't the time or inclination to go for a full warm up pre round.

Ive done the full warm up thing and i can still duff it off the first. Makes you feel like you have wasted your time.

In short. Dont take risks early doors and see what happens after that.

Aye - 5i dink off the first tee - it'll still go 170yds. Ats the way to do it :)