Practice during round

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So, regardless that the rules do not permit it, and even if this was clarified to you, you would still be happy to break it regardless? Interesting ;)

I'm clearly talking a Stableford and it's not against the rules - I never deliberately break the rules of golf

Swango1980

Visit site
Even if the holes already decided? Oh wait exactly the same as the guy did. No pen

As many have said there is no pen for him to answer.
So, the the player gave up on the hole as he didn't want to go back to tee. But, you are saying he hadn't given up the hole, he was still playing the hole??? That can be your only argument. Which is wrong.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, the the player gave up on the hole as he didn't want to go back to tee. But, you are saying he hadn't given up the hole, he was still playing the hole??? That can be your only argument. Which is wrong.

No my arguement is that your interpretation of the rules is incorrect as agreed by others on here

The fact that you continue to persist means you cant accept it and will just keep coming up with rubbish until everyone gets bored and gives up

Swango1980

Visit site
Or maybe just maybe your wrong? I mean 90% of this thread disagrees with you....
90%. You mean 3 or 4 people. Hardly compelling evidence I am wrong. I'm happy to change my opinion if something else in the rules days I am wrong that I've missed. But, all quotes so far don't do that.

However, by all means in the future, feel free do just drop a ball down and hit it after giving up the hole. You may get away with it. Just don't be put out if somebody raises the fact it may not be allowed, and you may be subject to penalty.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
90%. You mean 3 or 4 people. Hardly compelling evidence I am wrong. I'm happy to change my opinion if something else in the rules days I am wrong that I've missed. But, all quotes so far don't do that.

However, by all means in the future, feel free do just drop a ball down and hit it after giving up the hole. You may get away with it. Just don't be put out if somebody raises the fact it may not be allowed, and you may be subject to penalty.

Or once again get yourself a rule book

Read it Then come back when you realise your wrong

3 or 4 people but least 2 of them are pretty much respected rule experts on here

Also Phil asked a ref

But it's ok

You know better

Melt

Swango1980

Visit site
No my arguement is that your interpretation of the rules is incorrect as agreed by others on here

The fact that you continue to persist means you cant accept it and will just keep coming up with rubbish until everyone gets bored and gives up
Only because the arguments haven't been adequate, and my statements are only based on what's written in the rules. I didn't write them.

The other advantage is I'm getting a rapid increase in number of posts :)

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

Im easy either way, I have my view on it but Im genuinely interested to know the correct ruling as it doesn't seem to me to be so cut and dried, but wouldn't be the first time ive been wrong.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The new rules book says that " to help the pace of play, you are encouraged to stop playing a hole when your score will be zero points" but also covers rule breaks such as playing from a wrong place as being not disqualifying but scoring zero points so, throwing a ball down and continuing is ok, not subject to disqualification but not encouraged and there is no word of penalties being carried over to the next holes for this matter (although some rule breaks do apply to the next hole)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
At this stage if someone I was playing with tried it on I'd be asking them to show me the rule in the book that confirms it!

And you wouldn’t be able to find it because the rules show the exact opposite as has been pointed out.