Plus-net phone and broadband - anyone any experience of them?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone on here use Plus-net for home phone and broadband? Have presently got Sky for TV, Virgin for broadband and Talk Talk for home phone and am looking to consolidate all services into one (or two at most) suppliers. Love Sky TV, but their faster broadband service isn't available yet in my area. Love Virgin broadband, but had their TV service in the past and it's rubbish. Don't like Talk Talk at all, as we hardly use our home phone yet are still paying them circa £30 a month including line rental. Had wondered about keeping Sky TV and switching to Plus-net for phone and broadband.

Cheers all.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have it del, in s/e London. The broad band is the lowest I've used out of talk talk, tiscali, sky and bt, dont be duped by their low cot options, we was on a Low package but the download limit was so mall that we have had to increase our package 6 fold to cover our selves.

Equivalent to why we are paying now could get us unlimited and faster services off of loads of other suppliers :sbox:

T

thecraw

I have it del and it works fine for me. Decent customer service and just signed up for another year. Got a new router and it works even better. Fast enough for me.

T

thecraw

You have the exact same set up as me. Sky for entertainment (sport) and Plusnet do my phone and broadband.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys. :thup:

Am now on Orange for my mobile phone and notice that they do home phone and unlimited broadband too. Might check that out.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Del, when you say Sky's faster BB isn't available do you mean fibre? Problem is, if it is fibre then that usually means its wholly unavailable at your exchange, so no copper LLU provider (Sky, Plusnet, Talktalk etc) will be able to supply it either.

PM me your details and I can check for you if you like.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Replied. Not good news for copper based broadband in your area I'm afraid. Set-up you have with possibly using TalkTalk for your BB is the best solution.
Only 2 providers have equipment in your exchange (TT and O2/BeUnlimited).

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lets face it, Sky do the best telly but their customer service can leave a bit to be desired at times (unless you have a contact, thanks Greig BTW all went fine) as they all do I suppose.

I have hunted for BB and phone deals for yonks and aint seen anyone who can better Virgin for me, they are good at phone and broadband but not so good on the telly (although I wish sky would do a version of Tivo).

Sky on telly for me, HD package plus multiroom

Virgin for Broadband and phone line

My total cost is over £120 a month for all.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I pay for one of the upper end packages with Plusnet. Love the customer service and that alone makes it worth paying slightly more than I might with another company. No good if you are out of fiber area though.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just checked my details for plusnet fibre

Your line speed results

Telephone number:01743****** Postcode:SY**** Download speed: 68Mb Upload speed: 20Mb
The estimated speed shown above is based on information held by BT Wholesale.

This is accurate to within 1Mb.

I think it will happen. I knew we had fibre, but I though only BT customers were "allowed" it.

68mb download! :) :)

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just to update this thread - after getting some really helpful info from Greig regarding the limitations of my local exchange I decided to go with Virgin for the home phone, given that I already had fibre-optic broadband with them. So, for an extra £5.90 a month I've got inclusive weekend calls (we don't use the home phone much) and an upgrade from 10MB to 30MB Broadband. Engineer came on Thursday there, installed a new phone line and super-duper wireless hub and am very impressed. Just downloaded a 13 track album from iTunes this morning on my phone and it took less than 40 seconds! :clap: