Playing Handicaps & Board Tables

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
98% of the UK population has a mobile phone. It seems that 2% minority are all members of golf clubs.

I presume the 98% figure is something you picked out of the air to illustrate your point.
Although I would agree those without are in the minority.

I know within the group of 20 or so I play with I can think of 4 that do not use one, 3 that rely upon their wives to handle everything email, 3 that need somebody else to show them what to do on a PSI screen and 2 that need the boards explained to them every time they play.
Around 30% need reminding it is 95% in singles in our swindle.

tobybarker

Visit site
Two weeks today the new WHS changes come into effect. The link below is to a PDF file which has the instructions on how to use Lookup Tables to get your PH for Casual & GP golf.

Playing Handicaps & Board Tables

I’m going fishing now View attachment 52426 Too wet for Golf.
Thanks. But how is this used by players in general?

Our Saturday comps are on the computer (usually) but we don't have the facility to print cards for players.

In my case, index 13.4, from 1st April i will get 10 strokes on the yellow tees. However, 95 percent will be nine not ten as it would be on 31st march (presumably ch being unrounded). There's going to be confusion and complaints a plenty. This is madness.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I presume the 98% figure is something you picked out of the air to illustrate your point.

I know within the group of 20 or so I play with I can think of 4 that do not use one, 3 that rely upon their wives to handle everything email, 3 that need somebody else to show them what to do on a PSI screen and 2 that need the boards explained to them every time they play.
How do these people manage to get themselves up, dressed and to the golf course?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Wow.... & someone thinks its OK to let them out of the house.... haha

Genu9

Visit site
Thanks. But how is this used by players in general?

Our Saturday comps are on the computer (usually) but we don't have the facility to print cards for players.

In my case, index 13.4, from 1st April i will get 10 strokes on the yellow tees. However, 95 percent will be nine not ten as it would be on 31st march (presumably ch being unrounded). There's going to be confusion and complaints a plenty. This is madness.
Generally at your Home club most regular groups already know what their PH's are between them. The current version is used mostly by groups of player going to other clubs. They know before they get there what all their Playing Handicaps are. Also used by the guys who go to Spain Portugal or Turkey on trips for the same reason. As stated in the preamble, it is not meant for Club competitions.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Where's this, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Golf Club?

Springveldt

Visit site

Do they just not want to learn or are they going senile?

D

Deleted member 35504

Old men at golf clubs not wanting to learn, listen or move with the times?

WOW, what a shock...;)