Playing Handicaps & Board Tables

Springveldt

Visit site
Isn't is just the (course rating - par) for your course handicap that is being added to the calculation now? Doesn't really need much extra to figure that out.

simsini

Visit site
Surely Howdidido will just know when it's 1st April?

Although, having just worked it out, it looks like I get an extra shot off the whites. Love it!

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Although, having just worked it out, it looks like I get an extra shot off the whites. Love it!

Unfortunately, so will all the other players at your handicap level - and no change to the effect of your score on your HI.

simsini

Visit site
Unfortunately, so will all the other players at your handicap level - and no change to the effect of your score on your HI.
Of course, and players higher than me will get even more shots. Come to think of it, keep it the way it is. Boo! :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club has gone to QR codes on the cards (and I presume elsewhere)

Pity those without mobile phones and those that struggle to use computer screens.

You might get fooled on the day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pity those without mobile phones and those that struggle to use computer screens.
This keeps being thrown out as a reason to hold back any changes that might benefit the vast majority. During covid though, when it was book or don't play, or upload your scorecard or it doesn't count, those people all found a way. We need to stop using it as an excuse.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Not a word about anything from home club yet. I expect a line or two in the weekly email.

Mind you. If they take down the boards, the folk not reading the email will go in the pro shop and ask the boards are! Those that don't notice missing boards will carry on with old CH and get a suprise when keying in their score.

As with most things. The majority just go out and play, perfectly oblivious to the pages of chatter on sites like this.

Ok, I bet there's still the occasional person still "dropping from shoulder height" but the world continues to turn.😁

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club has gone to QR codes on the cards (and I presume elsewhere)

We are also having Q codes on the card for handicap calculations, but will also have the printed copies in the Pro shop for those who don't get along with technology. If the world stopped until the older generation (where I self identify) caught up we'd still be living in caves.