Photos from Wynn Course

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As promised, here is a mini trip report and some photos from the Wynn Course in Las Vegas.

I was fortunate that the course was in it's 'off season' as it's so hot out there, not too many people play in the summer. Consequently it was only $300 to play and once I had bought some balls, a glove and tipped the caddy, I spent around $400 in total.

The caddy was part of the green fee, as were rental shoes (footjoys) and clubs (Calloway x22s with a scotty putter) I arrived early so I could hit a few balls and putts. My caddy took me down to the range, I got my pyramid of balls, and it was off the grass, but unfortunately I was hitting into a net and I couldn't really get any idea of distances. I hit a few putts on the practice green and the caddy gave me a few putting tips, which I appreciated as I am a terrible putter of the ball. Also, the greens weren't as fast as I expected them to be, they were fairly reasonable.

I stepped onto the first tee and the first thing I noticed was how undulating the course was, there was slopes EVERYWHERE! I had looked down on the course from my room (54th floor) everyday and it looked like the flattest thing ever, so it was really good to see it at ground level. I took a 3 wood off the first tee and hit a pretty solid shot about 210 yards with a slight fade. I came off the first hole with a double after my second shot went through the back of the green. This was the first indication that the x22s were going further than my ancient ping zing2s!

For the next 4 holes I was playing bogey golf, but my putting was pretty bad and I had a birdie putt on at least one of those holes, perhaps two. I then had a couple of pars in a row, which again had birdie chances before a bogey at the 9th brought me in at 9 over at the turn.

The back 9 started well, with par, par. But I played the next 3 holes at 5 over. I played bogey golf for the remainder of the round apart from a double at 17. So I finished 10 over for the back 9 and 19 over for the round. It was a par 70, so 89 wasn't a bad score for me. But couldn't help thinking that if my putting was better I could have made a real nice score. The caddy helped somewhat, but I was more appreciating of the company rather than the advice (aside from the putting tips he gave me)

Shot of the day was probably one of the drivers that I ripped a couple of times, or a delicate sand wedge over a bunker to within 5 foot of the hole. Overall, I enjoyed the course very much, and it wasn't particularly difficult, I would imagine an accomplished golfer would tear it apart to be honest.

I know in the other thread a few people commented that they were going there soon, if anybody has any questions about LV generally, feel free to PM me or something. I went there last summer too, but I hadn't really started playing golf yet so no golfing trips that time!

The 'locker room'
img0355l.jpg

149 yard par 3
img0358bei.jpg

157 yard par 3 - 7 iron back home, but with the calloways I put it right at the back of the green on the wrong tier. It did result in the best putt of the day though
img0361r.jpg

180 yard approach, I think on the 14th
img0366n.jpg

Waterfall backdrop for the 18th green
img0369m.jpg

Also on the 18th in front of the hotel
img0370m.jpg

The Wynn labelled glove, ball and ball marker.
img0374e.jpg

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like a fun course, Sneds. Glad you had a great time.

I'm planning to visit LV at some point and definitely want to get some golf thrown in. I was surprised at the cost of $400 though. Higher than I expected.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe the green fee on it's own goes up to $500 when it's not the summer. And I heard a rumour that the Wynn course is only available to people staying there, I'm unsure if this is true or not.

If you talk to the consierge in whichever hotel you decide to stay at, they will usually get you a tee time at any course in LV. I was offered TPC Las Vegas, and Bear's Best (Nicklaus course) for much cheaper greenfees (~$150) but once I'd added things like club rental and travelling it was a bit closer to the wynn cost anyway.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sneds you lucky lucky boy! I can't wait to get over to vegas next year.

Did you play on your own? Where did you stay?

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lol, it's a joke over there. I stayed at the Wynn hotel for two weeks (I would have preferred the Venetian, but my mates wanted the Wynn) I went with 3 other mates, but played the round on my own. Was going to go with one of my friends, but he lost 4k the night before and suddenly decided the course was a bit too expensive for him, ha!

D

Deleted member 1740

Nice one sneds, it looks a cracking place. losing $4k would make me wanna kill myself

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, great pictures. I had never even heard of the course but it looks phenomenal, a stunning design from where I'm sitting! I loved the look of the par 3s and that approach shot, the changes in elevation would no doubt make it great fun to play.

How many balls did you loose in the drink?!